Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Or-Fab 2 door cage install

Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Lookin good, i ordered my 'rear' cage yesterday! all should be comin' soon!
SWEET!! That part is a real straight froward and clean install, you will really like it!!
Originally Posted by toymaster
Brother I got the same problem you do, i'm 1/2 world away for my jeep.
The door pinch seam is a hardy part of the body, if the floor piece is not above such a structural part all it is going to do is cookie cut a piece out of the floor upon impact. If i could see my or any JK that would answer it in a heartbeat.

On R&R i'm home such a short time I don't have time to order parts so i have a pile of stuff waiting on me when I get there.
When I had my hand down there it was really tight.....I never looked under there but I "believe" my hand was squeezed in between the frame and my shrockworks sliders, could have been the frame and something else but whatever is down there is much thicker than sheet metal. NO room for an open end wrench no matter how I angled it.

Originally Posted by KY.
I love you......uhhh your jeep! I mean I love your jeep!
I love "My Jeep" too
Thanks!!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know this thread is a little old but have a question about the fit of the plastic door surrounds from the soft top. Those attach to the stock roll cage but I want to know if they fit right on the OR-Fab cage. Is the the fit the same and do the door surrounds work as well as they did with the factory cage?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem with my soft top surrounds at all. They fit just the same, but the holes in the OR-FAB are a little bigger so it can rotate some. They don't rattle when I drive with the top up or down, doors on or off though.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepbozo
......... Is the the fit the same and do the door surrounds work as well as they did with the factory cage?
X2 like Doc said no worries with door surrounds. The cage I got was one of the first ones made and the fit was great. All in all a better design than the factory. One thing I want to mention....the instruction mention it but please be carefull of the wire harness directly behind where you have to cut on the passenger side. I knew it was there and still did some damage.

On the drivers side I used a flat punch and hammer to removed the materialL. On the passenger side I drilled a series of holes and then puched out the pieces. IMHO a better option than grinding in that tight space IF you watch out for the wires.

Quick Reply: Or-Fab 2 door cage install