Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Or-Fab 2 door cage install

Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really good.
I didn't have to trim my windshield pieces.
Mine still hasn't moved since I installed it, so I really happy about the purchase. I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can Duplicolor the stock rollcage.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very good write up! it answers a lot of questions, came out awesome.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wish i had a cage like that. Looks great...
Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Looks really good.
I didn't have to trim my windshield pieces.
Mine still hasn't moved since I installed it, so I really happy about the purchase. I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can Duplicolor the stock rollcage.
Which pieces did you not have to cut?
I could maybe see not cutting the pieces that are vertical on the sides of the windshield IF you installed them before the cage or while the windshield was folded down but the top corner pieces that hold the visors woulod have never gone back on without trimming.
Did you do the floor tie in kit? If so did you also have to put those in place beore the side pannels? I agree it is a Great kit and I really feel better knowing that just in case it is there!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brent_f70
Which pieces did you not have to cut?
I could maybe see not cutting the pieces that are vertical on the sides of the windshield IF you installed them before the cage or while the windshield was folded down but the top corner pieces that hold the visors woulod have never gone back on without trimming.
Yeah, I had to trim the top pieces, but the side vertical pieces I didn't trim. I took the passenger one out to install the LEDs, and was able to get it back in without trimming.
Did you do the floor tie in kit? If so did you also have to put those in place beore the side pannels? I agree it is a Great kit and I really feel better knowing that just in case it is there!!!
No, didn't do the floor. Wasn't sure it would work since I had the floor already Line-X'd. I might try and do it this summer, but I'm not looking forward to taking the side panels back out. Those bolts aren't easy to turn.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
JK Freak

Thanks and let me know if you run into any questions. I tried to photograph and write down everything. I took a total of 100+ pictures in the process so I have other pics that my help if you get stuck.

Could you post a few more pics of the floor mount pieces. I am interested in where the bolts come out under the jeep and exactly how it bolts to the rest of the dash portion of the cage. When I pre-ordered mine I did not opt for the floor pieces. I'm trying to judge if the extra is worth the piece being hit by your foot all the time.

Last edited by toymaster; 02-12-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

I can't take new pictures b/c I am already back in Afghanistan trying to earn money for the next round of mods but here are a couple pictures I already had and the top portion of the floor mount pieces use the same bolts that are in the door pinch seam.....the bolts just go through the dash section and instead of putting a nut on the back side, the floor mount pieces are tapped to receive the bolt and tighten all the pieces together.

Judging by where the floor mount pieces are on the floor you should be able to walk out to your jeep and see approximately where they would come out or maybe someone else can take that picture?

Given its location I never bumped my foot on it, it is tucked in there pretty well and most of it is covered by the trim panel so unless you trip on your trim panels you should be fine..

Old 02-13-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Lookin good, i ordered my 'rear' cage yesterday! all should be comin' soon!
Old 02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

I can't take new pictures b/c I am already back in Afghanistan trying to earn money for the next round of mods ............
Judging by where the floor mount pieces are on the floor you should be able to walk out to your jeep and see approximately where they would come out or maybe someone else can take that picture?
Brother I got the same problem you do, i'm 1/2 world away for my jeep.
The door pinch seam is a hardy part of the body, if the floor piece is not above such a structural part all it is going to do is cookie cut a piece out of the floor upon impact. If i could see my or any JK that would answer it in a heartbeat.

On R&R i'm home such a short time I don't have time to order parts so i have a pile of stuff waiting on me when I get there.

Last edited by toymaster; 02-13-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

I love you......uhhh your jeep! I mean I love your jeep!

Quick Reply: Or-Fab 2 door cage install