Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Electronics Mount

Old 03-09-2007, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually...... your in branford.... got any plans this weekend? I would love to learn to do this and would be willing to come get all the stuff we need to do it.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tolh13
hey hooked unless this is you http://www.cooltechllc.com/servlet/Detail?no=12 you been ripped off.
I wouldn't say you got ripped off, its just a piece of metal after all...cooltech is just filling the need for people who don't want/cant/have time to make one. I mean its only 20 bucks. So unless hooked is making them for people for money, I don't see the foul. nota4re seems like a nice dude..just making a little side dough.

edit: but to clarify i'll be making one myself too, great idea and thanks for posting it!

Last edited by JackMac4; 03-09-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I wouldn't say you got ripped off, its just a piece of metal after all...cooltech is just filling the need for people who don't want/cant/have time to make one. I mean its only 20 bucks. So unless hooked is making them for people for money, I don't see the foul. nota4re seems like a nice dude..just making a little side dough.

edit: but to clarify i'll be making one myself too, great idea and thanks for posting it!
OK my bad.hooked got beat to the punch if he wanted the punch.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Hooked

No, Hooked didn't get beat to the punch. I have no problem with Cooltech building/profiting off the product. I don't need the money. My main beef was the fact that Cooktech didn't ask before doing it. We have kissed and made up since then. Their product may blow my design out of the water.

Order one from them and let all of know how it is.

I do know one thing, the mount does vibrate back and forth a bit. Need to put some dampining shocks on it. Probably have them extend from the back of the mount over to the passenger side window frame. Some 24" shocks should work.

Hey Drinkingmymilk,

Give it a try. Go to Lowe's or home depot and go to the screw section and find you some metal plate. If that doesn't work go over to the door section and get you a kick plate for a door. Go to the tool section and pick you up a medium priced pair of tin snips (Straight cut) and a file. If you don't have a drill and drill bits, pick up these as well. You will have to use the drill again to drill your mirrors anyway. Then follow the instructions. After the first one doesn't turn out like you like, do it again. It's fun.

Half of owning a jeep is the stuff that you do to it yourself after you buy it. Just look at what everyone else does to theirs.

Got to go to Lowe's tomorrow to find some pulleys. Took hard top off and changed to soft top because weather is around 80 now. :toung:

See ya'll

Hooked
Old 03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

So I figured I would try this on my own today, headed out to home depot got all the stuff $23.oo, Stopped at best buy picked up the ipod mount $10.99. drew everything out and then went to work after about 2 hours (paint took for ever to dry cause it is cold.) all finished! Thanks a lot guys.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those that aren't interested in playing monster garage,

Bracketron makes a nice accessory bracket for the JK.

Part number JEE-203-07
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spencenaz
For those that aren't interested in playing monster garage,

Bracketron makes a nice accessory bracket for the JK.

Part number JEE-203-07
I have this one. It's nice, cheap, and powder coated too. By the time a bought a small piece of aluminum, and a can of textured spray paint, I'd be real close to $16, which is what it costs at quadratec.

I like making things my self, but if I can buy it for cheaper or at the same cost, that's what I'll do. I also assign a $ amount to my time and figure that into the equation.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ipod cable for these brackets

For those of you using one of these brackets with an ipod, here's a cable that gives you line level output, a SUPER short cable and the ability to charge (with a separate charger):

Not real cheap - $22 - but a nice clean solution:

http://www.sik.com/ram_din.php

I don't have this one yet (it's ordered) but I have another one of their ipod cables and am happy with the quality.

Last edited by Indy; 11-23-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Electronics Mount