Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanieltheManual
Hill start assist disable proceedure
copy and pasted from manual

HSA Off

If you wish to turn off the HSA system, follow this procedure:

1. Start with the engine off and vehicle in PARK (automatic transmission) or NEUTRAL with clutch out (manual transmission) with wheels straight. Apply parking brake on manual transmission vehicle.
2. Start the engine.
3. With the engine running, the brake applied, and the clutch out, rotate the steering wheel 180° counterclockwise from center.
4. Press the ESP OFF switch four times within twenty seconds.
5. Rotate the steering wheel 360° clockwise (180° clockwise from center).
6. Cycle ignition switch OFF then ON.
7. If the sequence was completed properly, the “ESP/ TCS Indicator Light” will blink several times to confirm HSA is off.

Steps 1-7 must be completed within 90 seconds to turn off HSA. Repeat steps 1-7 to re-enable HSA functionality.

cheers
I've been driving manual transmissions for over 20 years and I have never stalled as much as I have because of this feature. Thanks for helping me finally turn this off.

I put 007-373-5963 into the Jeep and Mike Tyson jumped out and started beating up on it, luckily I used the contra code first so my Jeep has 30 lives.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default To turn off the lights flash when locking

Originally Posted by Freewill
I want to keep the headlights from coming on when I use keyless entry to unlock the doors.

This can be done with EVIC (I don't have EVIC) and the dealer will do it for a price.

Anyone know any tricks for this one?

Thanks!
To turn off the lights flash when locking
Press the unlock button on the fob for 4 to 10 seconds. While still holding the unlock button press and hold the lock button. Release both and test.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Stop the "HONK"

Stop the "HONK" when you lock the doors using the fob.
Press and hold the Lock button on the fob for at least 5 seconds, while still holding the lock button press the Panic button and release both. Test operation.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Seatbelt chime off finally! Also set up so all the doors unlock with one push of the unlock button.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SAR JK

To turn off the lights flash when locking
Press the unlock button on the fob for 4 to 10 seconds. While still holding the unlock button press and hold the lock button. Release both and test.
tried that on my 07, and the headlights still come on butt the parking lights quit flashing. anyway to kill the headlights?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Turned seatbelt chime off!! And I too set it to unlock after one push of the button. Now if I could turn the headlights off when I unlock.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

I cant get mine to disable the ESP for some reason, i followed the steps and tried it several times and cant get it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Great thread. No longer have the HONK and all doors open with one click. Still have the flash from the marker lights (which I like) but would love to get rid of the headlights turning on everytime I unlock.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorback_JK_12
Turned seatbelt chime off!! And I too set it to unlock after one push of the button. Now if I could turn the headlights off when I unlock.
Two ways to get this done.

If you have the Connectivity Group with Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), see the owners manual to learn how to keep the headlights off when unlocking.

Or, without EVIC, see the dealer. They can change it.

I got mine done by the dealer when the JK went in for a recall reflash. Told them it had been set to "headlights off" when I bought the Jeep and asked them make sure it was still off after the reflash.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried the oil change reset and it worked
But it tried the seat belt chime and it did not work.

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences