Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 09-07-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Freak
Veteran: Air Force

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by desertbuzz

I unplugged the battery today ....left it for 5 hours.... Nothing
Still no compass and no audio controls on steering wheel
The weird part is that when I reconnected the battery .... my saved radio stations were still there.
I thought they'd be deleted .

Any ideas ??
Sent you a PM

Sent from my Obama phone while driving my Obama car on the way to get my ObamaCare
Old 09-11-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff! Subscribed
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Be Careful

Originally Posted by Freewill
Found this posted by another forum member. Sorry, I lost track of the OP's handle.

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
2. If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has logged any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s).
3. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.
I tried this today and after about 3-4 attempts couldn't get it to work. I did however, drain my battery to a level where it wouldn't start the engine. I'm guessing that the battery was already on the verge of being done (original battery on a 2008).
Old 09-15-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

one thing it won't work if your door is open.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

So what are the "Secret Stashes"
Old 09-15-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeeps_and_Boats
Great thread... I know some things to do to the 2013 when it gets here.

Is it just me, or do a lot of you drive about without your seat belts on? #tisk-tisk
Originally Posted by Tankerbell
Haha for me, my dog sets off the seat belt light/beep which gets annoying!
Yea yea, a couple of old posts, if you guys are still around .... The audible alarm can be turned off by the dealer for the dog in the front seat thing., the dash light would still light up though. One way to get rid of both, seat belt extenders, the system just wants something plugged in

Old 10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dezertjeepin
I am starting this thread so that there is a central location for all the little tricks, codes, and sequences to our JK's.

Im not talking about the "Secret Stash" places.

Jared
So... where are these secret stash places?

While exploring my 2010 JK I found one behind the passenger tail light and a lot of space behind the glove box. Any more?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 MIL code display

I couldn't pull a display until I did it this way;

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine and leave it there for 30 secs. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position as quickly as you can do it. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
2. If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has logged any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s).
3. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

or you can do what I do for my dog just hook the seatbelt before he gets in chime is off and light is off. driver happy and dog is happy!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BADDANDY
I couldn't pull a display until I did it this way;

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine and leave it there for 30 secs. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position as quickly as you can do it. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
I did this before by accident and it scared the shit outta me lol I was trying to reset the oil light and got long instructions instead of the easy way lol

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences