Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 08-17-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome thread thanks. I have a 2012 and I don't have the information display. Is there any way to tell if the disable esp code worked?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rule18

Disabled until you do the dance again, which restores the ESP to factory setting.
What are the benefits of turning off the ESP?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nicksabellajk
What are the benefits of turning off the ESP?
I want to turn it off because I almost got T boned yesterday. I pulled out in to a busy road and the engine felt like it shut down on me for a couple seconds. I'd rather have the wheels chirp than be stranded out there waiting to get biffed.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Normally i always drive city streets/ highways with a seat belt on, but when your on the trails and existing the jeep frequently it is nice not to have the seatbelt on and the chime turned off!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have a way to disable the sentry key function? I would like to downsize my keyring to no transponder keys and need to disable the sentry key function
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Battery Going Dead slowly

Originally Posted by TWGeary
I got this to work after many tries. What I found to work is:
1. Starting in the off position push the key in
2. Turn the key to the On position without starting
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 three times quickly
What I was doing wrong was waiting too long in between steps 1 & 2. The entire process took maybe 2 seconds.

Too bad I did not get any codes.

My issue is my battery seems to go dead every once in a while for no apparent reason. When I say seems it is because if I keep trying to start my Jeep it will start. I just noticed yesterday that when this happens when I turn off my Jeep both blinkers blink twice? Any ideas? I bought my 09 4dr JK used about 9 months ago, the guy I bought it from said he had some battery issues in the past. He upgraded the alternator and replaced battery. I have also replaced the battery about 2 months ago.
This happened to me too (on my former '08 JK Rubi), after the dealer did some body work on drivers door. It seems that the door cable wasn't in tight and the Computer never went in to SLEEP mode. Checking with a meter - the battery would draw 2-4 amps constantly instead of dropping to about 50 ma after about 2-3 min (sleep mode).

All I had to do was make sure the door cable was plugged in tight. There were NO other indications, no dome lights staying on or anything. Just the Jeep not going to sleep. I did get a free battery out of the deal - but would glad I got it fixed.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lost Functions

I have a 2012 JKU ....
I suddenly lost the audio functions on the back of the steering wheel stopped functioning .... but cruise control etc... work fine.
I'm just baffled at the fact that this functionality would disappear.

I also noticed that the digital Compass also disappeared .

Help anyone ?? ... Thanks

Last edited by desertbuzz; 09-06-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

All these tricks worked fine on my 07 2 door. But only some wanna work on my 08 jkur like I can't get the horn not to hook when locking from the fob. But the one click unlock and flashing lights when locking or unlocking ones worked. Kinda aggervating
Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default fix lost functions

Originally Posted by desertbuzz
I have a 2012 JKU ....
I suddenly lost the audio functions on the back of the steering wheel stopped functioning .... but cruise control etc... work fine.
I'm just baffled at the fact that this functionality would disappear.

I also noticed that the digital Compass also disappeared .

Help anyone ?? ... Thanks
Happened to me last week. Inexplicably radio went out as well as the compass direction on dashboard.

I disconnected neg. side of battery for minimum if 5 minutes. Reconnect battery terminal and everything should be just fine.

You're doing a hard rest to the computer. I do the same thing to my wifes Mercedes. Works every time. Good luck
Old 09-07-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CosmicWrangler
Happened to me last week. Inexplicably radio went out as well as the compass direction on dashboard.

I disconnected neg. side of battery for minimum if 5 minutes. Reconnect battery terminal and everything should be just fine.

You're doing a hard rest to the computer. I do the same thing to my wifes Mercedes. Works every time. Good luck

I unplugged the battery today ....left it for 5 hours.... Nothing
Still no compass and no audio controls on steering wheel
The weird part is that when I reconnected the battery .... my saved radio stations were still there.
I thought they'd be deleted .

Any ideas ??

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences