Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 12-16-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chamberlin
Lol, I just disabled my seat belt gong today, and purposely drove someplace unbuckled to test it. I usually wear it, but I just don't like being hounded by the damn chime....I'll put it on when I'm damn good and ready! (and hopefully still alive). Anyways thanks for this thread and Mopar's easy mods. Wish my BMW was like this jeep! (You need to re-code BMWs for even the simplest changes).
I went one step further and unplugged the seat belt from under drivers seat and plugged in a mini fuse. This way I don't get the gong at all!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ignatius504

I went one step further and unplugged the seat belt from under drivers seat and plugged in a mini fuse. This way I don't get the gong at all!
Not sure if it's a good idea to go that far. Some cars fire the airbags at different levels/times depending if the seatbelt is latched or not. Probably not a big deal, but just so you know. In a head-on collision, a resultant airbag deployment may not work exactly as intended, if the computer thinks the seat belt is latched but it's not actually doing any restraining...just FYI.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chamberlin

Not sure if it's a good idea to go that far. Some cars fire the airbags at different levels/times depending if the seatbelt is latched or not. Probably not a big deal, but just so you know. In a head-on collision, a resultant airbag deployment may not work exactly as intended, if the computer thinks the seat belt is latched but it's not actually doing any restraining...just FYI.
Good info! I wear my seat belt 100% of the time... I'm actually OCD about it. I just hated the gongs when I would be working on my Jeep... thanks for the info!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

I can't say thank you enough to everyone! Seat belt ding gone! HSA gone!!! I have cussing that HSA ever since I drove it off the the lot in 2010. I think it and the stupid tpms are 2 things that should have never been put on a wrangler.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thread! any word on "personal" setting on the 2011 w/o the connectivity? can you still set these settings from the steering wheel?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Just trying to remember the page for this post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM
D13
JK Newbie

Great thread. Just walked out and disabled the honk upon lock; much to the womans happiness.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

I replied to the wrong post, please delete.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	481433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Done.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	481434  

Last edited by TWGeary; 07-24-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Freewill
Found this posted by another forum member. Sorry, I lost track of the OP's handle.

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
2. If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has logged any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s).
3. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.
I got this to work after many tries. What I found to work is:
1. Starting in the off position push the key in
2. Turn the key to the On position without starting
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 three times quickly
What I was doing wrong was waiting too long in between steps 1 & 2. The entire process took maybe 2 seconds.

Too bad I did not get any codes.

My issue is my battery seems to go dead every once in a while for no apparent reason. When I say seems it is because if I keep trying to start my Jeep it will start. I just noticed yesterday that when this happens when I turn off my Jeep both blinkers blink twice? Any ideas? I bought my 09 4dr JK used about 9 months ago, the guy I bought it from said he had some battery issues in the past. He upgraded the alternator and replaced battery. I have also replaced the battery about 2 months ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	481439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Done.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	481440  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeppo
2010 users manual page 20:

The system can be programmed to unlock all the doors
upon the first RKE transmitter UNLOCK button press,
using the following procedure:
1. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed
RKE transmitter.
2. Continue to hold the RKE transmitter LOCK button
for at least four seconds, but not longer than 10 seconds,
then press and hold the RKE transmitter UNLOCK
button.
3. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. Test this feature while outside of the vehicle, by
pressing the LOCK/UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter.

NOTE: Pressing the RKE transmitter LOCK button
while you are inside of the vehicle will activate the
Vehicle Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Vehicle
Security Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound.
Press the RKE transmitter UNLOCK button to deactivate
the Vehicle Security Alarm.
5. If the desired programming was not achieved or to
reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.

Works on 2008... just did it. Cool

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences