Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha for me, my dog sets off the seat belt light/beep which gets annoying!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Keck27
Ok so on the 5th cycle it should be in the on position and then hit the unlock button twice...? I will try this tomorrow night. Will I hear any "ding" or sound or do u know?
I don't remember if there was an audible sound. I think I just tested to see if it worked.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tankerbell
Haha for me, my dog sets off the seat belt light/beep which gets annoying!
This worked for me...

Turn seatbelt chime OFF COMPLETELY!!!
1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep.
4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you’ll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol, I just disabled my seat belt gong today, and purposely drove someplace unbuckled to test it. I usually wear it, but I just don't like being hounded by the damn chime....I'll put it on when I'm damn good and ready! (and hopefully still alive). Anyways thanks for this thread and Mopar's easy mods. Wish my BMW was like this jeep! (You need to re-code BMWs for even the simplest changes).
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freewill
I want to keep the headlights from coming on when I use keyless entry to unlock the doors.

This can be done with EVIC (I don't have EVIC) and the dealer will do it for a price.

Anyone know any tricks for this one?

Thanks!
Yea this one on an '07...can't pay a dealer for this silliness. Never understood this anyways....right when your starter motor needs all the cranking amps it can get from the battery, both headlights are on...
Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SAR JK
This worked for me...

Turn seatbelt chime OFF COMPLETELY!!!
1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep.
4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you’ll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.
I did this on my 07 to disable belt 'chime', awesome
Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Great thread guys!! Is there a way to have the doors unlock when you open the drivers side door from the inside.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info!!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wiring tricks I recommend anyone interested in go for if you haven't done them yet: The ESP kill switch, and wiring fender marker lights into front turn signals, and disable seat belt chime. All very easy, each takes less than an 45 min to complete.

Last edited by k0260; 01-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

I did it to my 12 rubicon and it works and I hated that thing!!!

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences