Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool got it to work after 10 consecutive trys lol
Old 08-08-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread just paid off in dividends...thanks guys for all the contributions!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet glad it worked for ya
Old 08-08-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

My steering wheel is off do to slidding into a ditch and messing up my steering wheel. Not lined up but still worked! Now i can have the esp off for reals! And no more door chime when ridding the trails! Great info!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lemon law!!!

Yeah, my wheel is way off too... like hot having ESP but that means I dont have the BSD now right? SO, on the trail I am a totally open diff without the ABS system?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Steering wheel back controls

Sorry if this have been posted before. Is there a way to change the side of the controls on the back of the steering wheel? In other words, I would like to have the volume up and down on the left, not on the right.

Thanks for your reply. Juan.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jlopezmd
Sorry if this have been posted before. Is there a way to change the side of the controls on the back of the steering wheel? In other words, I would like to have the volume up and down on the left, not on the right.

Thanks for your reply. Juan.
I would also be interested in seeing a write up of this. I always have my left hand on the wheel right on the stick shift. Would also be curious about the cruise control and dash controls. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I need to subscribe to this thread
Old 09-02-2012, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dezertjeepin
I am starting this thread so that there is a central location for all the little tricks, codes, and sequences to our JK's.

Im not talking about the "Secret Stash" places and the bottle openers (even though I use the bottle openers on a regular basis). But I'm talking about actual features that were built into the JK's computer.

So you get the idea, I'll start with ones I have found over the years....

Turn seatbelt chime OFF COMPLETELY!!!

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep.
4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you'll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.

Turn ESP OFF COMPLETELY
1. Turn jeep on
2. Set to 4hi
3. Set parking brake
4. Make sure steering wheel is centered
5. Turn wheel to the right, 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, you may hear a chime at 5 seconds(and ESP OFF may show up on the speedo), but keep holding for 7 seconds!!!!
6. Turn wheel back to center then left 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, again, hold for 7 seconds!!!
7. Turn back to center, and hold ESP for 7 seconds.
8. Turn Jeep off

Autolock Doors At 15 MPH

1. Open the driver door, sit in the driver seat, and close the driver door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (without starting the vehicle) and then back to OFF. Repeat this step three additional times (for a total of four key ON/OFF cycles).
3. Within 10 seconds of switching the ignition switch to the OFF position for the last time (at the end of the fourth cycle in the above step), press the driver interior door lock switch to LOCK.
4. A single chime will be heard to verify that the customer programmable toggle of the rolling door locks was successfully completed.
Steps 2 and 3 must be completed within 10 seconds.

NOTE: When toggling the rolling door locks (customer programmable), the toggle that happens will be from the last state of the rolling door locks. If the rolling door locks were enabled, after the toggle process, they will now be disabled and vice versa. There is no telltale to inform you of which state the rolling door locks are in.

So this is what I'm looking for... As I find more Ill add them, but please feel free to add ones you know. Im looking for the "turn stereo off with ignition" on specifically when i have my doors off.

Jared
Thanks brother!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

The ESP steering wheel dance is on my to do list.

But the question that I have is. Is there a code so that the overdrive is off on start up? I hate when it shifts into OD when I'm only doing 40mph.

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences