Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

center console switch and power panel (hard-mounted inverter)

Old 03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a clean job ya did! Looks factory. I have mine just shoved under the seat right now. I like it.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. That website looks pretty good, I'm going to have to check out the software tonight.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

What size is the panel you bought? I downloaded the program last night but I am no where near the Jeep to take measurements.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That location is smart. I've been wondering where the best place to put aux switches is. I think you've found it.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

awesome job ... i would say the only thing to add to that is maybe a usb port to charge certain things as well incase you dont need all of those switches
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Very nice and super clean job.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

nice work with the install. I just finished hardwiring my 800w inverter today, i bought one with a digital display showing battery voltage, output voltage and output power(watts) I took apart the inverter and removed the display and mounted it in my dash. works well, i also installed a solenoid that i will be switching so it will cut off all power to the inverter when not in use.

one question. how did you run your 120v wiring, and how did you wire the outlet. Is it just hanging out the back of your panel? or is it enclosed?

thanks!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice work thats awesome!!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08sahara_bc
nice work with the install. I just finished hardwiring my 800w inverter today, i bought one with a digital display showing battery voltage, output voltage and output power(watts) I took apart the inverter and removed the display and mounted it in my dash. works well, i also installed a solenoid that i will be switching so it will cut off all power to the inverter when not in use.

one question. how did you run your 120v wiring, and how did you wire the outlet. Is it just hanging out the back of your panel? or is it enclosed?

thanks!
For the 120V wiring, I picked up an unterminated extension cord style plug, which I plugged in to the remaining outlet on the inverter. Then I ran it up the center console, soldered it to the terminals on the 120V socket in the panel, and sealed what I could with shrink tubing and electrical tape. There is nothing exposed on the back of the panel, and besides, the wiring is all enclosed in the void between the front plastic panel on the center console and the inner center console box. There is no incursion into that box whatsoever from this install.

Since you're the second person to ask, I'll try to take some better pics to illustrate what I mean, but I'm not sure when I'll get to them.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

that is exactly what i was going to do! seems good enough since its all enclosed with the center console, and as long as its heat shrunk and taped too. nice work!

Quick Reply: center console switch and power panel (hard-mounted inverter)