Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Center Console Cushion & Dog Protection

Old 10-24-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great idea! My dog has scratched my consol too, plus its just to low and uncomfortable ill have to do this thanks!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseyjeepgurl
too close of the one with the ring? or were all of them too close up? (I'm confused)
I thought most of the pictures were too close up, I had trouble seeing them, maybe its just me, no worries.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jerseyjeepgurl
Great mod... but horrible place mats!
That little change holder in your console is neat. Did you just pick that up at an auto parts store?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Misch 4x4 markets a very similiar product.

Heidi uses it for two purposes, 1) as a pillow as illustrated and 2) to brace her paws in curves. She is actually tethered by a heavy harness but the Misch console cover has helped her alot (she likes to climb up and watch out the windshield). The Misch cover also has held up well (Heidi is a big girl).
Old 10-25-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Fathom-
Are those seat covers or aftermarket seats?
I apologize for the hijack.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by horwitzs
Fathom-
Are those seat covers or aftermarket seats?
I apologize for the hijack.
Wet Okole's, used to dream about having a jeep and seat covers like this when I was a kid. Used the seat covers all spring and into the fall but they cleaned up great when I converted over to winter jeep (hardtop, full doors) and are in storage now. Miss them already and it's only been a couple weeks!

One last thing, whether you make your own (and I admire the inventiveness of jersyjeepgurl) or go with "store bought" the dogs really appreciate the console cover. Both my scottie and shepherd give the cover a big !!!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fathom
One last thing, whether you make your own (and I admire the inventiveness of jersyjeepgurl) or go with "store bought" the dogs really appreciate the console cover. Both my scottie and shepherd give the cover a big !!!
x2! I have an Akita, she loves the pillow also.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks great, I even have an old note book sleeve around. Time to make one for bringing the dog on rides
Old 10-27-2009, 02:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robin
I thought most of the pictures were too close up, I had trouble seeing them, maybe its just me, no worries.
For those that know, me. know that I am pretty short, hence short arms taking the picts.! Since this is not a permanent install, I can try and take better pictures of the whole shebang. Maybe I'll even try and put some "manly" place mats in them!!!
The coin holder was picked up at Pepboys and helps A LOT!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by horwitzs
x2! I have an Akita, she loves the pillow also.
they really do like it and NEED it! My dogs must have slipped off of that thing, a million times! I first tied a bandana, around it, then I used that No+Slip stuff you can use in drawers etc, but when I saw my old macbook cover one day, that is when I thought that it would work,,,,,,,,,the dog hasn't slipped once! Also what is REALLY nice, is that it stays put, and it has not gotten one "pull" from the claws even. So I know I made the right choice, with the neoprene!

Quick Reply: Center Console Cushion & Dog Protection