Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Center Console Cushion & Dog Protection

Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console Cushion & Dog Protection

PICTURES FOR THIS "MOD" HAVE BEEN REPOSTED ON PAGE FOUR- WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW I DID IT. (sorry that it took me so ling to repost them, but I could not find the files)

I know that I am not the only one that has a scratched up console top. I know also that my dog cannot be the only one that Keeps scratching the S**T out of the top, because it's such soft plastic.
So I came up with a VERY simple remedy that is easily removable, washable, and comfortable too!
(Now, I know that others have not been too keen on some of my other "mods", thinking that they look a bit cheezy, but I they have worked for me perfectly, and usefulness! So I thought that I would share anyway)
So here it is:

You need a 17 inch neoprene "NoteBook Sleeve", that has a Flip Top opening as seen in this picture: I purchased this one online from Meritline.com, but Amazon.com also sells multiple colors:

Then get a small piece of Memory Foam or something similar :

Then Slide in the Memory foam:

And slide All of it onto your Console:

Smooth out, and tuck under the rear Flap of the NoteBook Sleeve:

And You Are DONE!!! Simple HUH??? Total Cost $9.98 for the sleeve, (and I had the Memory foam, from a time when I made dog beds). You can find them everywhere right now on clearance, in the Dorm room sections of stores.

Last edited by jerseyjeepgurl; 08-12-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: RE-POSTED pictures on page 4
Old 09-14-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice mod (and nice rock!) As much as all of the high tech, big buck mods, that's what this forum is also all about: simple homegrown solutions.
BTW, I wonder how many guys here also keep a hairbrush, purple iPod and sweetener sachets in their console???
Old 09-14-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WranglerDan
Nice mod (and nice rock!) As much as all of the high tech, big buck mods, that's what this forum is also all about: simple homegrown solutions.
BTW, I wonder how many guys here also keep a hairbrush, purple iPod and sweetener sachets in their console???
Thanks,,,,and,,, Thanks the Hubs has great taste! (I honestly wasn't even paying attention to it in the picture). I see it all the time, and forget that it's there, I never take it off, so it's pretty much part of my hand at this point!

My Crystal light water flavorings,,,,they are for the Range, when I shoot, I over heat because of Lupus,,,,and I need to drink, drink, drink, the flavors help me want to drink more!!! And my "Emergency Hair brush",,,is not for "pretty hair", it's for when I forget to pop my hair up or bring a hat, the pony ties are IN THE HANDLE,,,I thought that was a super idea to keep them in one place for the Jeep!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Nice idea, looks good.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
Nice idea, looks good.
thank you!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice job, they match your seat covers!

I keep pony tail holders around my tweeters. Whenever I have the panels out or doors off, one of my girls (Wife, 10yr old, 6 yr old) will forget and they need one!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by db99wj

I keep pony tail holders around my tweeters. Whenever I have the panels out or doors off, one of my girls (Wife, 10yr old, 6 yr old) will forget and they need one!
I just listen to mine complain cause their hair is blowing in their face.

Nice mod.....will have to try that one tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Default Be PREPARED for the GIRLS!

Originally Posted by db99wj

What I do aside from having that handy brush with the ponytail holder stored IN the brush handle (best find at the dollar store EVER,,,it even has a mirror on the back,,,,didn't come in Pink or Black so I settled for purple). I also have a big Octopus Clip on my 4wheel Drive shifter, the pony tail holders fit on there nicely!
I also have (don't laugh) two Jeep Diaper Bags (a huge clamshell design) from Wally World that hang from the headrests. In there, I always keep some Bandanas handy. Along with other emergency needs for the road, and dogs. they were only 16.00 at WW,,, I don't know if I have a picture or not. Well, I just checked, and no I don't. But if you go to any Wal Mart, or WM.com, and type in Jeep Clamshell Bag, these come up. they are VERY, heavy duty, and have carrying straps that you leave on, and use the shoulder strap to hang from the head rest cover, so it's very adaptable, and holds LOTS of stuff. For around thirty bucks for two, you get extra storage that is ALWAYS needed, for the girls in your life!

good luck!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by alaskabound
I just listen to mine complain cause their hair is blowing in their face.

Nice mod.....will have to try that one tomorrow.
It really is working out great, it hasn't slipped off or moved once!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie

hey!!!!!!! that's awesome

Quick Reply: Center Console Cushion & Dog Protection