Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Carworx Refinish Restorer for black plastic trim.....

Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MikekiM - sent you a PM... Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks Mikekim

I managed to contact the manufacturer today, and talked with a nice young lady who is going to send me out a liter of the
magic juice! Thank you for your offer just the same though. As I am in Canada, I figured I should be able to get my hands on
some of it locally, but apparently not.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but how is it your jeep is spotless , even the treads of your tires, after 2 weeks of driving in
the snow and rain? You sure you haven't washed it? Mine looks like crap after going one block in the snowy weather we've had.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangled
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but how is it your jeep is spotless , even the treads of your tires, after 2 weeks of driving in
the snow and rain? You sure you haven't washed it? Mine looks like crap after going one block in the snowy weather we've had.
None taken..

No I didn't wash it.. still haven't, though after playing in the mud and driving 600 miles over the last three days, it's a real mess.

I didn't say the jeep is spotless. I said...

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Update...

Another two weeks have gone by. I haven't washed the JK since I posted about the Refinish Restorer, but it has rained about four or five times and snowed twice. Yet, the finish on the fenders absolutely amazes me. Even though there has been plenty of dust, dirt and rogue weather, the black trim looks absolutely perfect... Like the day I applied the restorer.
It snowed.. then it rained. I guess the treatment has some ingredient that helps prevent stuff from adhering and the rain washed it off.

Your comment/question implies I am being less than honest about this, although you do it with no disrespect. (I'm kidding with you.. it's no problem) I don't own the company. I don't own their stock. I don't sell the stuff. I was skeptical but was willing to give it a try and though I have many, many years of detailing experience I have never seen something work the way this does. All I can do is suggest you try it yourself. Or, send me a piece of trim.. maybe the square caps from the rear gate hinge.. I'll treat it for you and send it back. Abuse the shit out of it and come to your own conclusion.

I still haven't washed the jeep.. tomorrow I will take a picture of the trim, mud and all.. What isn't covered with mud still looks great. I am going to leave the mud there for as long as mother nature will allow it. We all know I am taking a chance that the mud will stain the black trim, right? Well, let's see.

My goal is not to get you guys to buy this stuff, cause frankly.. to each their own. Smear peanut butter on it. I am just sharing my experience. If the fenders melt off in another month or turn to a pile of smoldering confetti, I'll post that as well. So far, it's looking good.

In the long run, it would be a lot more useful for you (and the rest of the community) if you just dropped the $40 and tried it yourself..rather than wasting time trying to punch holes in my story.

“The skeptic does not mean him who doubts, but him who investigates or researches, as opposed to him who asserts and thinks that he has found”

Last edited by MikekiM; 11-14-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have not washed mine in about a month, (the longest stretch since I bought my Jeep) and with all of the wet leaves on the road a little snow and a lot of rain mine is a mess. I plan on washing it tomorrow, weather permitting, and I will take some before and after pictures.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM
sky
JK Enthusiast

just rub some peanut butter on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahum5cvLyXM
Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sky
just rub some peanut butter on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahum5cvLyXM

Sure, if you think it through, any oil based product would likely penetrate the plastic and brighten it up.

Only reasons I can think of not to try the peanut butter would be run-off in the rain might stain the paint, the texture of the Jeep plastic might catch and hold the peanut butter and.. if you're allergic to peanut butter. After a while it would need to be reapplied and I would suspect that would be pretty quick. Would love to hear from someone who uses it.

I don't keep peanut anything around the house because of allergies.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a link to some I took in July.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=refinish

Some before and after shots taken today.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02334.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	237172Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02335.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	237173

I have not done anything else in the last 4 months other than wash and dry when I wash and dry the rest of the Jeep and my can of the product is over 4 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02341.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	237171   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02336.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	237175   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02337.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	237178  

Last edited by Red Wings; 11-15-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Mike, where can I pick some of this magic potion? I have a feeling when I install my vdp caps the greying bumper will look weird.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DarkS1de
Mike, where can I pick some of this magic potion? I have a feeling when I install my vdp caps the greying bumper will look weird.
There is a link in the first post in this thread.. I called them and they gave me two distributors on LI..

One was in Maspeth/Middle Village and the other was North Amityville.. On New Highway.

Albert Kemperle
176 New Highway
North Amityville, NY

Quick Reply: Carworx Refinish Restorer for black plastic trim.....