Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Another REALLY Easy Garage Door Opener Install

Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Now THAT is the kind of stuff that gets folks to buy you beers. Very nice. I must try that.
Next time I'm at DFW you can order me a Guiness!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is square too but I noticed it will fit, so im gonna stick mine in there too. It definately hides it nicely Great idea!!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Ant
JK Newbie

I just wanted to thank YellowToy for the post on putting the garage door opener in the plastic windsheild corner piece. I did mine this weekend while also putting in my UConnect Mic.
Thought I would post a couple pics showing my opener in case anone has a similar one.

Rectangular Craftsman opener. I wasn't sure it would fit until I tried

Using the ties may not look too pretty, but it holds it tight. Not worried about it moving. Just have to cut one tie to remove when I have to replace the battery (hopefully not anytime soon )

Unless you are looking for it you might not notice it. Had to tell the wife where it was so she can open the garage in my JK.

Cheers,
Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant
I just wanted to thank YellowToy for the post on putting the garage door opener in the plastic windsheild corner piece. I did mine this weekend while also putting in my UConnect Mic.
Thought I would post a couple pics showing my opener in case anone has a similar one.

Rectangular Craftsman opener. I wasn't sure it would fit until I tried

Using the ties may not look too pretty, but it holds it tight. Not worried about it moving. Just have to cut one tie to remove when I have to replace the battery (hopefully not anytime soon )

Unless you are looking for it you might not notice it. Had to tell the wife where it was so she can open the garage in my JK.

Cheers,
not to sure you put your pictures up would lie to see bc i also have the craftsman
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Ant
JK Newbie

JMP8562 - If you are not seeing my pics you can see them in my album area under my profile. They should be viewable by everyone.

It's a Jeep - take it apart and see if it fits.
if not then just put it back together and try something else

That's part of owning a Jeep (for me anyway)

:-)
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMP8562
not to sure you put your pictures up would lie to see bc i also have the craftsman
Here's the picks.

How did you actually pull the plastic thing off? I was worried about breaking those "fake screws."

Old 09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Ant
JK Newbie

Default Plastics Screws

I actually thought the one in the windsheild A Pillar was a Phillips so I just used a screw driver. After getting it part way out I saw it was plastic

For the one above the door I was able to see it as I had the Freedom Top panel off. As soon as I saw the white plastic I could see that it was one that has the fins that "just" fit in the hole. Don't know if I would want to keep removing them as they will likley wear out and break.

Hope this helps. :-)
Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 AM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

My Mustang had those, broke every single one of them trying to install sequential taillights!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

very nice. Can't wait to try this.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

VERY cool! So there's enough room behind that plastic piece to just place the remote there? No cutting?

Quick Reply: Another REALLY Easy Garage Door Opener Install