Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

$5 Hi-Lift mount

Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chew
Used the ubolts and wingnuts without going through the rollbar cover. Took a couple different times to find the right angle/direction. But it's tight now. Just need to get a jack isolator.

Live from Chew HQ
I'm guessing that you used 3" u-bolts?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.. as I haven't gotten my hi-lift yet. Has anyone figured out where and how to make this work with a factory softop?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aside from seeing the u-bolts, is there any reason the instal cannot be on the outside of the roll cage fabric cover?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rooster76
I'm guessing that you used 3" u-bolts?
Yes. 3"

Live from Chew HQ
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Awesome!!

First off, GREAT THREAD!! This was the easiest mod I've done yet, well, besides the rear view.. When I went out to do this I had all kinds of tools with a bunch of work in mind....... All I needed was a broken hack saw blade, could have been not broken but I'm a tool hoarder, for the foam which took literally 15 seconds or less and just by eyeballing the picture that shows the cut away in the foam, a razor knife (I didn't burn the holes, just cut a small cross and poked the bolt ends through) a screwdriver to poke the holes straight through the foam and an adjustable.. I got wing nuts but only came in a package of three (didn't find that out till I went to put em on) takes a minute to tighten them up as I shook it up and down until they were tight enough & the jack didn't move!! This mod was finished so fast, I only went through a half a beer!! Again, great post, great instructions and thanks!

Would have posted pics but they would've looked the same! Oh by the way, I saw the electrical tape wrapped around the jack and kinda wondered why at first, alleviated the rest of the small rattles!!

Last edited by jeepin Maine; 04-24-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Fast, nice, easy! GREAT! Thank you.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

This is a great thread and super, inexpensive mod. Only thing I could add is to have 2 sets of the flat clamps that go in between the u-bolts. One to secure the ubolt to the bar and one to secure the hilift. that way the u-bolt stays in place when you remove the jack. and vice versa, keeps the ubolts in place when you re-store the jack.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Easy and clean! I like it!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great advice! Of course, from a fellow Texan.

I couldn't see the point in trimming the foam, so I just reversed the setup, and it works like a charm! Easy mod, and everything is secure and rattle-free.

I saw Jaffadawg's suggestion for the second set of flat bars, which will be my next addition. Good stuff!

Quick Reply: $5 Hi-Lift mount