Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

$5 brake line braket extenders!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $5 brake line braket extenders!

ok i got these at tractor supply, but lowes or home depot should have them too. go to the hardware department where all the eye hooks, and fence stuff is. this is a flat piece with holes on each end and it is used with a u bolt on fence poles. the back ones are the 4 inch brackets. they worked awesome on the back. i got 3 inch ones for the front but i didn t like how it pulled the brake line very tight on the passenger side. it actually wrapped around the spring perch on the top. i seen someone with the BDS kit and it had very short brackets. it probably isn t worth it in the front, just get the brake lines.

it really wasn t even $5 because i took the front ones off and didn t use them. i got the 2- 4" brackets for the back, and 2- 3/4"x 1/4" bolts with 4 washers and 2 lock washers. i put one washer on each factory bolt then bolted the bracket to the frame. then pulled the bracket down to the bottom. i put the bolt through the bracket, then in the extender bracket, then flat washer, then lock washer, then nut. on the passenger side i pulled the brake line away from the track bar bracket and bent the front a little over the frame so nothing was touching. on the driver side i just had to do the frame part. worked great and i have no problems flexing my 4" skyjacker!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great idea.
Just make sure your brake lines aren't touching the shocks (or even near them).
When I had stock lines, they rubbed the shocks and almost rubbed all the way through. Luckily I caught it before they ruptured. They were so bad that I had to replace them....stainless braided lines

I only say this because in the pic, they look like they're touching.
If they are, just bend the hard lines slightly.

Last edited by VBS4; 06-01-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

props on that man, i bet a lotta people will use that! if i didn't already have the TF ones id do it tomorrow!! now come up with something for the front
Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no there not touching they have about a 1/2" of clearance. i will be trying to figure something out for the front.

Quick Reply: $5 brake line braket extenders!