Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel and Tire Spacing

Old 11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel and Tire Spacing

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie in the jeep world but not one in the automotive universe. I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport and this is my first Jeep. I recently purchased a Rubicon Express 2.5" lift kit and need some education on tire and rim sizing. My intention is to get a set (5) of Method Standards (17x8.5) and run BFG All Terrain KO2 (35x12.5x17). Getting to my real question, is about clearance and spacing of the rims. Will this setup have clearance issues with rubbing? The rims run a 0mm offset with a 4.75" backspacing. Any advice would be helpful.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Start with the FAQ's and Thought On Lifts threads that are stuck right to the top of this modified tech area.

Since there are differences in tire sizing between mfg's and specific components or builds on each JK, there isn't an answer that will be 100% correct for every person in every situation. But, a 4.75 BS should give enough clearance in the wheel well for a 35x12.50, and a 2.5" lift should give enough clearance for onroad driving with stock flares. If you are flexing offroad, especially if disconnected, you will probably want to add some bumpstop or chop the flares or go to flats.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the advice. Noted. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire Spacing