Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wandering JK with General Grabber AT2

Old 12-06-2019, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm beginning to wonder whether it might be the width/tread pattern of these tires causing the wandering. There is a great deal more surface contact with the Grabbers than with the mud terrains.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you try lowering the pressure to 28-30 after to see if it helps
Old 03-25-2020, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I tried various pressures. It has to be the tires, the width and tread pattern effects of grabbing the paved surfaces. I ended up trading for a leftover 2019, couldn't turn down the deal. The new steering on the JL is almost worse than my JK was. It's heavy and does not hold a line as well as the old models.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayrat
Yes, I tried various pressures. It has to be the tires, the width and tread pattern effects of grabbing the paved surfaces. I ended up trading for a leftover 2019, couldn't turn down the deal. The new steering on the JL is almost worse than my JK was. It's heavy and does not hold a line as well as the old models.
Before I bought my 2014 last fall, I test drove a new JL unlimited and a JK unlimited back to back. I came to the similar conclusion as you. The JL is not as good handling, or feeling as the JK. My JK has 125,000 on the clock now, and I am getting ready to refresh stuff. I am adding a energy suspensions master kit plus teraflex suspension goodies underneath and that should make it the rig I want. Almost like my first 2011 JK I owned.

Quick Reply: Wandering JK with General Grabber AT2