Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced bad RF TPMS, Now RR is not responding

Old 06-27-2024, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replaced bad RF TPMS, Now RR is not responding

I had new tires mounted on my 2015 JK a couple of months ago and at the same time replaced all of the TPMS sensors with Mopar sensors (56029398AB). I say Mopar because that is what was on the packaging and printed on the sensors, but I bought them new from ebay for $40 total, so their authenticity is questionable. They were already showing up on the display as I left the tire shop and worked fine for two months and then the right front sensor stopped reporting. After a week of it not working, I replaced it with a new Schrader 29093 sensor. It did not show up immediately, but after a couple of days, it started reporting pressure. Here's the weird part. The very instant the new sensor started reporting pressure, my right rear sensor stopped reporting pressure. I think this is too much of a coincidence to believe that the RR sensor went bad at the exact same time the new sensor started working. It's now been a couple of days and the RR sensor is still not working.

Any theories on what is going on here? Is there any easy way verify that each sensor is actually transmitting a signal?
Old 06-27-2024, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If one ebay sensor died young, then a second following in it's footsteps would not be much of a shock. It could be as simple as old batteries in them going dead.

I recently changed from stock rims to JL take-off rims & had my pressures stop reporting. Apparently the sensor frequency changed at some point after 2012 & I likely now have the wrong sensors in my new rims. I'll be interested in hearing how you make out. Your experience will affect what I choose to purchase in the way of new sensors.

Quick Reply: Replaced bad RF TPMS, Now RR is not responding