Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never will I buy from 4wheelparts.com again

Old 07-31-2018, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never will I buy from 4wheelparts.com again

Well after a shitty day at work I come home to new wheels and tires. Made me forget all about my bosses on my ass all day. So me and the little one start throwing them on. Get to wheel 2 and bolts on spin wheel to check everything is good. They had stacked weights so high they hit the caliper and ripped off. GREAT. wheel 3 flat. Hhhuuuhhh ok lets put it on and throw some air in it. NOPE valve stem was complete trash doesn’t hold air. Wheel 4 whom ever installed tires decided it was ok to bare down on a pry bar while installing the tire and yea bent on the inside lip. NOTE TO SELF NEVER EVER BY ANYTHING FROM 4wheelparts.com again. Sorry local guys I should have went to y’all to begin with. Now for my fight with customer service. I will let y’all know how that goes tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Unsure if you're in Huntsville, TX or other state, but here in Texas, y, they are about the worst. You could do better going about anywhere else. They soak up easy biz cuz they are so big and people see the name and just assume they got their sh*t going on.....but their labor is just random joe off the street....not an enthusiast that knows their stuff. Just my opinion. Anything to do with tires/wheels, better off going to actual tire shop.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

4WP has never been known for their quality of work. However, from what I hear, they are usually pretty and continuing to work on it to make it right.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've worked with 4WP quite a lot, since they're one of the closest dealers to me, and I've never had any issue with them. They've been good about returns and warranties as well. Of course, it could just be that some are better than others...
Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My experience has been horrible with 4WP. I bought JW Speaker headlights and the box delivered empty (had to scour their website for a manager or above cause front line support was doing very little for me). I bought a couple packs of grease zerk caps which were back ordered but once they shipped they went from california to desmoines and then back to california. No idea why but I don't believe it was UPS's fault. I had to fight customer service on that one as well. I believe 4WP and 4WD are the same company so steer clear of both if you can help it. I typically have good luck with Quadratec but for the last 6 months or so I have ordered either directly from the manufacturer or through Northridge 4x4. NR is amazing!!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't worked with 4WP, I don't know about them, but I have worked with novsight. They are a Chinese manufacturer. I'm satisfied with their service, and you can see it if you are interested.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I refuse to shop at 4WP simply because 14 years ago I wanted some parts for my CJ5 and they wanted me to pay for shipping from one of their other stores. Since then I refuse to shop there unless it is something I need right now, which is not often. I use Northridge4x4 exclusively. cannot beat their customer service and shipping.

Sucks you have this issue however this can be fixed. My recommendation is to check out Discount Tire or your mom and pop tire shop. Also instead of a dynamic balance have them do a static balance or road force balance. it will be much less weight.

R/
Will
Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all going to depend on the store and the turnover.

Here in Raleigh, the staff is mature, meaning little to no turnover and they are great to deal with. Service work is very good. I know it's not going to be that way in all of their stores and that's too bad.. You can get good pricing is you develop a relationship with a local store (and they didn't hire morons).

Lets face it, any store, shop etc can have idiots working for them. A local 4WD shop that used to have a great reputation in Raleigh has been so so in the service end now since a lot of staff turnover and growing pains. Built axles quoted lead times of 45 working days taking 90 days or more to actually fulfill the order, Poor installations, leaving customer parts outside to rust, If you deal with the owner directly, he will do his best to take care of you but if you deal with others there, you are just a number. Unfortunately, it's so much harder to deal with Chase directly now.

Quick Reply: Never will I buy from 4wheelparts.com again