Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T

Old 10-13-2022, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Ryan, I find most tires wear and ride better with 28-30psi. I would think they recommend higher pressures for economy and emissions reasons. I run 28-30 in my Maxxis and they are way better. Emissions? well as a good citizen I only run the Jeep during the day and leave it off at night therefore it only emits half of the carbon
Old 10-13-2022, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Ryan, I find most tires wear and ride better with 28-30psi. I would think they recommend higher pressures for economy and emissions reasons. I run 28-30 in my Maxxis and they are way better. Emissions? well as a good citizen I only run the Jeep during the day and leave it off at night therefore it only emits half of the carbon
I have had the same experience on my JK as well. +/- 28 psi seems to be the sweet spot. My rig is on the heavy side but with D rated tires it rides and wears great. I made the mistake of running some E rated Trail Grapplers years ago, and found they liked even less pressure and were still stiff.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

I wanted to give a quick update. These tires have been great and I have nothing negative to report on them. I was able to try them out on a gravel road and they seem to do pretty good at ejecting stones. The center treads being a tighter pattern will pick up some gravel, but the outer lugs are far to spread out to pick up anything. Definitely better than the Ridge Grapplers which picked up a ton of stones, as all terrain type tread patterns typically do.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@Ryan0260 How is the road noise? I have some comforser tires on and they hum loudly with only a 1000 miles on them.

Last edited by RickLB; 12-07-2022 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RickLB
@Ryan0260 How is the road noise? I have some comforser tires on and they hum loudly with only a 1000 miles on them.
They definitely hum, but I wouldn't say they are loud. Time will tell how much louder they get over time, but considering how aggressive they are you would think they would be noisier. I do have a loud exhaust which drowns them some.
The following users liked this post:
RickLB (12-08-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Well we finally got some snow here and I was able to see how the Baja Boss MT's did in snow and ice. Unfortunately it was only about 1.5" of snow but that was over ice. The roads were extremely slick and there was also black ice embedded in the snow. I did most of my driving in 2wd to get a feel for the actual traction of these tires and they did pretty good for an MT with large voids between the tread blocks. Any time there is ice involved most tires will only do so well, and it was very icy due to this storm starting as rain then temps dropping to just below zero. I do hope we get some bigger snows in the months to come as I feel like these tires will do real well in deeper snow. Fingers crossed for that to happen.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ryan0260:
ConfusedEngineer (03-06-2024), RickLB (01-01-2023)
Old 03-06-2024, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Snow and ice update.

This has been a great thread to kind of dive through! I appreciate that attention to detail here

I'm hoping that there's been some type of update in terms of tire wear as well as more snow and ice performance since your last post! I am right between getting either this mud terrain or the AT version of the same tire!

The only things holding me back from pulling the trigger is snow and ice performance (since Im in Colorado) as well as the tread wear

Any news would be great

Cheers
Old 03-09-2024, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

just put on my third set of the mtz mud tire which is now called baja legend mtz. old set had 110,000kms on them, rotated every 7k or so. even tread wear and i still sold them for a couple hundred bucks. these are a phenomenal tire except on ice just like any other mud tire. If ice is concern maybe consider and AT.

Old 04-06-2024, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those tires look awsome, and make a great choice for Jeeps!
I'm concerned about the mounted on the Jeep actual size, I'm a little gun shy about ordering 37's because of the KM3's I bought are only 35.5" under the Jeep and look small. Can you confirm actual height so I can get a bigger tire than what I already have?
Great looking Jeep by the way!!!
Old 04-16-2024, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been using these tires also (37x12.50x17) and I've had a great experience. Not too much humming and handle really good for regular street driving. They also look fantastic!

Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T