Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep spacers, wheels, tires??

Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeep spacers, wheels, tires??

Well winter is coming around and I need new tires. What do you think I should do? Biggest tires I can get with spacers? How big can I go? Do I need fenders? I want a wide stance so I was thinking wider rims. And bigger tires? And lift? I just want a couple inches taller cause I have a kid I have to put in and out still
Old 09-19-2016, 11:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If only there were a couple of informational threads stuck somewhere easy to get to that you could read. Oh, wait, there are. Right at the top of this Modified area... (FAQ's and 'Thoughts On Lifts')

If you are going with new rims, get them with less backspace and just skip the wheel spacers. Makes a lot more sense than buying both.

Both of the threads mentioned will have some recommendations on lift height vs tire size. But that is for stock, uncut flares. If you are moving to flat flares and rims with appropriate backspace, you should be able to run 35's with no lift. There are even some high clearance flares on the market that state you can run 37's with no lift.

Depending on engine/transmission/current gearing, you might end up wanting to regear for larger tires. And you might also want to read through a few threads on beefing up the front housing - not so much because you 'have' to do it, but as another thing to keep in mind as you move to larger tires.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

Alright il go check those threads out thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jk2010Sahara
Alright il go check those threads out thanks
Or just give us a call and ask for Casey.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Phone number?
Old 09-20-2016, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jk2010Sahara
Phone number?
800-560-7834
Sorry didn't post it. It's on the signature.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
If only there were a couple of informational threads stuck somewhere easy to get to that you could read. Oh, wait, there are. Right at the top of this Modified area... (FAQ's and 'Thoughts On Lifts')

If you are going with new rims, get them with less backspace and just skip the wheel spacers. Makes a lot more sense than buying both.

Both of the threads mentioned will have some recommendations on lift height vs tire size. But that is for stock, uncut flares. If you are moving to flat flares and rims with appropriate backspace, you should be able to run 35's with no lift. There are even some high clearance flares on the market that state you can run 37's with no lift.

Depending on engine/transmission/current gearing, you might end up wanting to regear for larger tires. And you might also want to read through a few threads on beefing up the front housing - not so much because you 'have' to do it, but as another thing to keep in mind as you move to larger tires.
Good info, what high clearance flares are recommended with regard to quality?
Old 09-24-2016, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Overline fenders by MetalCloak are the ones I was referring to for 37's with no lift, but there are several other mfg's that get good reviews on here.

I am cheap and just keep picking up take-off stock fenders to trim and abuse, so haven't really done any research on which options are better than others. But there will be plenty of other threads to read through for opinions.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Overline fenders by MetalCloak are the ones I was referring to for 37's with no lift, but there are several other mfg's that get good reviews on here.

I am cheap and just keep picking up take-off stock fenders to trim and abuse, so haven't really done any research on which options are better than others. But there will be plenty of other threads to read through for opinions.
Thanks. Haven't quite figured this forum out yet. Especially the app version.
Is there a dedicated fender thread?
Old 09-24-2016, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

For a thought,

37s will work with no lift, and proper back spacing. Be prepared to make some strategic body removal to have all the room to stuff em in there. Front should be just fine with flatties, in the rear there's gonna be some cutting.

Quick Reply: Jeep spacers, wheels, tires??