Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Tolland Nov 24

Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottcarp
He's probably talking about this:

RedRuby's buddy really wanted to try it, but none of us wanted to fish him out , so he just stuck his toes in. In the 2nd photo, his rear tire dropped about 4" instantly.
If I remember correctly, I think the guy called it "The Land Cruser Hole " or "The Toyota bog" or something like that because a land cruser got stuck in there and some folks on dirt bikes or quads set fire to it and rolled it over in the mud some how, and it sat upside down like that in that pit for years untill one day someone decided to get it out of there.

He also told us a story about how some guy that was visiting from someplace, decided to go wheeling by himself and got his rig that had a 6" lift and 35's on it, stuck in that mess. He said the guy left his jeep in there for 3 days because he didn't know anyone to call and help get him out. So a firend of the guy we were talking to that works at a local garage gave our new friend a call and asked if he could help get the guy out. when they got there the guys rig was nose first in the mud and and pointing straight up and down with the ass end up in the air.
He told us that he had a 10,000 Lb winch on his jeep and as he was trying to get the guys rig out it was actually pulling him in, untill his tires got wedged up against some rocks and then just as his winch actually got so bogged down and almost stopped!! the guys rig started to get free and they were able to get him out.

He said that he couldn't believe the guy left his rig in ther for 3 days, because you never know...A quader or a dirtbiker could have come by an thrown a match inside of it and just rode away. He said he would never leave his rig in there ...he would sleep in it. When he told us this the thought of my Rubi being burnt to a crisp sent chills up my spine.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take all of that storytelling with a grain of salt... I mean, if you really enjoy trails and whatnot, are you really going to risk burning down everything around your trails by torching someone's Jeep? I sure hope not!

If these dirtbike and quad people are that sadistic, then we were being WAY too nice to them on the trail!

Again, had a great time wheeling with everyone... I'm trying to decide if it's time to call it done for the year, or if there's more wheeling to be done (possibly in Union, CT, this time). Thoughts?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

sorry it took so long for me to get the pics i took up on the forum. still tryin to figure out how to resize and post pics. i had an absolute blast last saturday.. it was a pleasure to meet everyone and i cant wait to get together again. im also tryin to put a little video together. ill post it or put up a link as soon as i figure out how.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mornin.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4475   Click image for larger version

Name:	line.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	4476   Click image for larger version

Name:	flex1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	4477   Click image for larger version

Name:	flex2.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	4478   Click image for larger version

Name:	group.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	4479  

Old 11-26-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Awesome pics guys, can't wait till next time, hopefully there will be less ice so my grill doesn't get bent again (or in poor scott's case, new light broken along with grill)
Old 11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default union

A union ct trip sounds pretty good. As long as i get my jp running again. i went on quadratec and ordered up some $hit yesterday, hopefully a quick fix
Old 11-29-2007, 01:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Take all of that storytelling with a grain of salt... I mean, if you really enjoy trails and whatnot, are you really going to risk burning down everything around your trails by torching someone's Jeep? I sure hope not!
I figured he was talkin' about the kind of trouble maker kid that some of us knew when we were
growing up. Some of the ones I knew way back when, wouldn't think twice about throwing
lit matches on sombodys soft top, or through an open window.
So I have every reason to believe what the dude was saying.

You know the old saying "In every bunch of apples theres at least one bad one"
Or something to that affect.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
I figured he was talkin' about the kind of trouble maker kid that some of us knew when we were
growing up. Some of the ones I knew way back when, wouldn't think twice about throwing
lit matches on sombodys soft top, or through an open window.
So I have every reason to believe what the dude was saying.

You know the old saying "In every bunch of apples theres at least one bad one"
Or something to that affect.
You got me - I forgot about those of us who aren't "grown up" yet... Yup, I can remember a time when actions were carried out before thought entered the equation.

Quick Reply: Tolland Nov 24