Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Rausch Creek Run 3/8/08 PICS

Old 03-09-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes a tow strap with a hook on the end becomes a flying projectile if that strap breaks. And that hook will go right through your windshield before you can even get outta the way.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Think mud, the video has you ramming the tree... its got pretty much everyone doing something...

I have a video of you slamming into the tree through the woods, but its really nothing compared to lab's video.

I do have video of you trying to climb that hill with the telephone pole across it... (sooo close)
Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mdsuave13
Think mud, the video has you ramming the tree... its got pretty much everyone doing something...

I have a video of you slamming into the tree through the woods, but its really nothing compared to lab's video.

I do have video of you trying to climb that hill with the telephone pole across it... (sooo close)
Yeah bro I saw the tree video, that was a classic "What not to do" video! That was a fun day though, I can't wait to go back. I would have tried that last climb again, but I was afraid I was going to break something, haha. Good times.

Hey Lab, AWESOME video editing bro, just awesome! Nice selection of music too. Perfect song for the rocks!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Just consider it a Brooklyn theft protection. WHo would want to steal a jeep then have to wash it just to look good? Let alone the finger prints they woudl leave on teh jeep and themselves! Besides, maybe if you get a parking ticket, they'll list the color as brown, not red!
Old 03-11-2008, 04:15 AM
JK Super Freak

hahaha....thatas awesome.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OlegFl
A few coats of Mud....

1st coat - saturday RC
2nd coat - Sunday - light offroading

I don't think they ever saw cars this dirty in Brooklyn...

Oleg all that wheelin you did and all you managed to break was one bolt for your front plate?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
um incase some of you guys don t know there is no chains or straps with hooks allowed at RC. at least blue mountain jeep alliance really freaks about it, i had to cut my hooks off my tow strap.

I always carry both. the loop ends are great if someone has a shackle or a hook, but if they dont have that, then you need to use a tow strap with hooks. So i just have both JUST in case... but normally i just use the looped one.

Once i get a winch, i am going to get rid of the tow strap with hooks, cause the winch will have the hook on it already.

What some people recommended to me once was that if you have to a strap with a hook, just tie a sweatshirt or a big towel around where the hook is. It will cushion it if it does manage to come flinging loose.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdsuave13
I always carry both. the loop ends are great if someone has a shackle or a hook, but if they dont have that, then you need to use a tow strap with hooks. So i just have both JUST in case... but normally i just use the looped one.

Once i get a winch, i am going to get rid of the tow strap with hooks, cause the winch will have the hook on it already.

What some people recommended to me once was that if you have to a strap with a hook, just tie a sweatshirt or a big towel around where the hook is. It will cushion it if it does manage to come flinging loose.
still BAD idea....you can get a d-ring thats rated at 8000lbs + and use it with the towstrap without hook....throw that hook strap away
Old 03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by usgaone
Hey guys and gals,

Made it back safe and sound. We had a good day, the weather sucked (I blame Tim even though he bailed! Feel better!). I had a large group that I think started iwth 12 but ended up with 8 at some point. I don't know I just hope they made it out of the park!

We started on 1 and hit the hill climbs and the bowl at the beginning, then opted for the rick loop on that trail too, just to get some people use dto the rocks. Lots of spotting, and some technique leesons and everyone made it through, fairly easily.

Then we headed over to the West area. I dropped the stockesr off on 14, while I grabbed some of the guys wanting harded stuff and jumped on 13. I love that trail, but even more so now, after seeing it in a driving rain. It's like shooting the rapids in a jeep! Ryan powered through, a little scrapping, some carnage (You think that most of the damage was from the "flex lesson" you gave everyone?). Anyway, met back up with the group at 14, then headed to the play area on pole line. Checkedon Ryan's jeep, then headed to the staging area. While everyone was airing up, Andy climbed up on the tires, I tried for a better line but he was done after seeing the sky for a while. Then it was a little fun at the Comp area, where we tesed the flex of the R.E. (Andy) and the F.T. (me!) lifts. Man nothing like having awesome traction on spray-crete (that was bad because all the wayhome I was thinking BUGGY! in my head)! That was close to 4:30 Andy and I aired up, and headed home.

I must admit, I didn't leave the day unscathed.......When I stopped for gass, I found my License plate bracket off, and flopping around, however I was able to rescrew it in and now it's as good as new (sorrry but I didn't want anyone tothink I went unscathed all day, but I don't even think I scrapped anything on trail 13!)

I always have fun, and am happy to lead anyone. I did start with a green........just didn't end up there all day! Sorry if I pushed it a little, but everyone did great!
i just wish i would have gone 13, from the pics, it looked like a grand time. Instead we drove in circles following the xj for about 40 mins lol...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tkob1060
still BAD idea....you can get a d-ring thats rated at 8000lbs + and use it with the towstrap without hook....throw that hook strap away
yea, but there has to be somewhere to hook that to.. some vehicles have very little stuff to hook on to safely....

If the pull required hard yanks to get someone out, i'd not even consider using the hooked strap (because i don't feel like having another broken windshield)

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Run 3/8/08 PICS