Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Rausch Creek Run 3/8/08 PICS

Old 03-09-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
awesome oleg! now i have proof i did hummer hole! yeah last it started freakin jerkin and bucking. i think it was because of the evap canister not being there. pulled over turned it off and restarted it. it was fine.... so i dunno. how much does a evap canister cost.
The new evap is around $50 if I remember correctly. There are a bunch of relocation options. Personally I have the Kilby unit, my only recomendation is whatever they give you for the hoses, add hoseclamps to make sure there are no leaks.

Hummer hole? Which hole are you referring too?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Looks like you guys had a great time. Also looks like you would have done me in with some of those trails.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upon further inspection this morning I found a cut in my sidewall. I am guessing I partially cut it on the trail then when I slammed the pothole going home it caused the tire to flex, rip the rest of the way and go flat.

But she did look good this morning before she had her bath.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Not to Hi jack this thread, but I do 99% of my wheeling at Rc, and after looking at all these pics, it got me thinking about skid plates for my new RUBI. What skids are all you guys using on yours? I'm leaning towards the Rockhards.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
Not to Hi jack this thread, but I do 99% of my wheeling at Rc, and after looking at all these pics, it got me thinking about skid plates for my new RUBI. What skids are all you guys using on yours? I'm leaning towards the Rockhards.
I know Andy (Hunter) has the Treks, some guys have the Skidrow.....I personally am running....None! I just replaced my lower oilpan ($49 part). I've seen them all they all look good, just a matter which one you decide to go with, I'm gambling that I can replace that pan 5 more time before I get close to the retail cost of one of those skids. Yeah, I might drop crazy money on my jeep, but I'm a pretty practical man when it gets down to it.

Four things made me laugh yesterday! First was that white TJ with the tube bumpers.... It had Limitless offroad on the side...Should have read Limited Offroad! That thing was on 32's with a 3"body lift! The tube bumpers in the front and rear hung so low it looked like a snowplow trying to go down the trail. anyone get pictures? Second was CodeNet trying to climb up a tree early in the day! Just a note to those for next time, when we tell you to aim for the tree, that is merely a point of reference. Please take the time to try to miss the tree next time! Third was Andy shooting the line at the bowl, I think he thought he was kayaking down a waterfall! The fourth were the idots that almost tried to winch their friend's YJ by wrapping the cable around the rear leaf spring shackle! Uhmm....part of me wanted to just watch and wait for the carnage, but the nice guy in me interrupted the meetings of the minds and pulled him out in two minutes with my strap (kindly refusing to use his rusted old chain with hooks!). Their should be a mandatory class for those buying winches!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I can't wait for the video of me climbing the tree!! haha. I honestly thought that I would slide back into the ruts, that is the only reason I over shot it towards the tree. but it's all good, no harm in busting up a free TJ bumper haha... I'm just glad no one had any real carnage in the river bed, minus 2k2 getting hung up, it was a lucky run if you as ask me. I did however lose another gallon or so in my gas tank due to the skid plate being all concaved now. I filled up on the way home and pump's auto off said it was full, but my gas gage didn't hit the full mark anymore
Old 03-09-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
I can't wait for the video of me climbing the tree!! haha. I honestly thought that I would slide back into the ruts, that is the only reason I over shot it towards the tree. but it's all good, no harm in busting up a free TJ bumper haha... I'm just glad no one had any real carnage in the river bed, minus 2k2 getting hung up, it was a lucky run if you as ask me. I did however lose another gallon or so in my gas tank due to the skid plate being all concaved now. I filled up on the way home and pump's auto off said it was full, but my gas gage didn't hit the full mark anymore
Labrador's vid is posted. As I missed the trip, I am not sure which is your Jeep in the video, but there was one Jeep doing definite lip to lip tree kissing. Was that you?
Old 03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rafiki
Labrador's vid is posted. As I missed the trip, I am not sure which is your Jeep in the video, but there was one Jeep doing definite lip to lip tree kissing. Was that you?
haha, if it was eating a tree and trying to climb it, it was me

I"m the rescue green 4 door with black flames (and now bent TJ bumper up front)
Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah i don t run skids either, haven t really done any hardcore damage (till yesterday!)

thanks usa i have to go get one tomorrow. i also found that i bent the exhaust pipe bad too and now i have no rear bumper on the driver side or license plate mount because it melted away. oh well that mean i have to make a rear bumper to match the front!

um incase some of you guys don t know there is no chains or straps with hooks allowed at RC. at least blue mountain jeep alliance really freaks about it, i had to cut my hooks off my tow strap.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey jeepindad did you make it home ok other than the tire? did the squel go away then? hey no you can get some new tires!!!! just go out and cut another one

hey jeepindad and oleg can you guys pm those picks or links to them so i can print them. also pm your email addresses and i ll send my pics to you guys as well.

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Run 3/8/08 PICS