Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Rausch Creek Run 3/8/08 PICS

Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i don t know, but looks like you guys stayed easy, at least by the pic (no offense to anyone so please) we came out of the park at 5:45 and everyone was gone? we went through hummer hole and i made i through, but muddytoy unfortunatly didn t. i ll let him elaborate on that situation.

carnage
smashed pinch weld passenger side
very loose rf fender
smashed shocks in rear
no evap canister anymore (must be in hummer hole)
smashed fog light
clutch squel is back
more rock rash on wheels
dented rear bumper
water inside of jeep and mud on dash

so now i gotta figure out what to do. oh well i guess the jeep venom has taken affect? the blue oval is definately gone!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey grease some nice pics

that is some carnage you got there......so you goin to be selling The Hummer hole driving experience new evap relocate kit?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Awsome!!

I had a great time today,
Got off to a shaky start, T-case slipped into neutral and I hucked a hill at like 30mph!! But after that, it was a kick ass time. Thanks again to Ty for trail leading and spotting us through some of the hardest stuff I have ran to date(newbie). Pics up so far dont do the run any justice. Carnage....my sway bar never hooked back up(blinked like a champ) and pretty sure the toe is outta whack and over inflated tires so me and Labrador had an interesting ride home. And ARB diff covers are the bomb!! I am even more amazed at how capable my Jeep is, and thanks again to Ty for the 101 lessons in the play areas, cant wait to check out those pics as well. It was great meeting new friends and hope to get out there again with everyone! seeya HUNTER
Old 03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default great pictures

that guy in the maroon jeep is a wildman out there with no rocker panel protection.. that was me a couple of months ago and i was scared to death

great pictures guys.. love the green jeep in the hole!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey guys and gals,

Made it back safe and sound. We had a good day, the weather sucked (I blame Tim even though he bailed! Feel better!). I had a large group that I think started iwth 12 but ended up with 8 at some point. I don't know I just hope they made it out of the park!

We started on 1 and hit the hill climbs and the bowl at the beginning, then opted for the rick loop on that trail too, just to get some people use dto the rocks. Lots of spotting, and some technique leesons and everyone made it through, fairly easily.

Then we headed over to the West area. I dropped the stockesr off on 14, while I grabbed some of the guys wanting harded stuff and jumped on 13. I love that trail, but even more so now, after seeing it in a driving rain. It's like shooting the rapids in a jeep! Ryan powered through, a little scrapping, some carnage (You think that most of the damage was from the "flex lesson" you gave everyone?). Anyway, met back up with the group at 14, then headed to the play area on pole line. Checkedon Ryan's jeep, then headed to the staging area. While everyone was airing up, Andy climbed up on the tires, I tried for a better line but he was done after seeing the sky for a while. Then it was a little fun at the Comp area, where we tesed the flex of the R.E. (Andy) and the F.T. (me!) lifts. Man nothing like having awesome traction on spray-crete (that was bad because all the wayhome I was thinking BUGGY! in my head)! That was close to 4:30 Andy and I aired up, and headed home.

I must admit, I didn't leave the day unscathed.......When I stopped for gass, I found my License plate bracket off, and flopping around, however I was able to rescrew it in and now it's as good as new (sorrry but I didn't want anyone tothink I went unscathed all day, but I don't even think I scrapped anything on trail 13!)

I always have fun, and am happy to lead anyone. I did start with a green........just didn't end up there all day! Sorry if I pushed it a little, but everyone did great!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Jedi

Cool pics!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

I had a blast! glad I got to meet everyone I did. It was awesome testing out the JK on some serious rocks! Drive home was nasty with some crazy winds pushing all over the road. Can't wait to hit it up again next time!

I"ll post more pics later today i'm at the gf's house now...
Old 03-09-2008, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are my pics I ran with OlegFl, greasemonkey85, MuddyToy and Brenda & Kenny from Blue Mountaian Jeep Alliance all Day. Had a great time Brenda & Kenny were great getting over, off and trough some of the obstacles and tougher parts of the trail.

I made it out of the park without to much damage just a few more scrapes on the underside, some new rock rash an the wheels, and an off again on again squeal from some crud trapped in the break caliper. On the way home though I hit a bad pothole at 40 mph and within a 1/2 mile the left rear was flat, that war real fun changind in the wind an rain.

Trail 1 Rock Garden

Entrance to Trail J

Trail 15

Lunch Photo-op

Trail 13

Trail 10

Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

awesome oleg! now i have proof i did hummer hole! yeah last it started freakin jerkin and bucking. i think it was because of the evap canister not being there. pulled over turned it off and restarted it. it was fine.... so i dunno. how much does a evap canister cost.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Yo Oleg...where in Brooklyn are ya? Im in queens and Brooklyn occasionally, surprised we haven't seen each other cruising around...me usually looking for a spot haha

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Run 3/8/08 PICS