Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Project-JK Full Traction Long Arm Test on Knock-on-Wood Trail

Old 03-10-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKProfessor
If you have the full traction ultimate shortarm, the long arm upgrade will cost you about $1800 for the kit. If you have the full traction premium lift, there are a few additional things that you should buy, drop pitman, drop track bar bracket, adjustable trackbars.
it depends on the pitman arm, if your running 3" coils etc, that stuff is not needed
Old 03-10-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Exactly right, Eddie. FT makes the 3, 4 and 6 long arm and long arm upgrades. From my inderstanding is that you don't need that stuff on the 3, it is advisable on the 4 (from my experience with the jeep at 4, it think it is a good idea) and a must with the 6.

Whick kit are you running, 6 long arm? I was trying to figure out if there was any difference between the 3 4 and 6 in regards to the arms. I know for a fact that the 3 and 4 inch kits are the same arms, I thought maybe the 6" kit was different, longer maybe? Any ideas on this.....I am wondering if you are topped out at 4" with that kit, or could you grow it to 6" with that same kit?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JKProfessor
Exactly right, Eddie. FT makes the 3, 4 and 6 long arm and long arm upgrades. From my inderstanding is that you don't need that stuff on the 3, it is advisable on the 4 (from my experience with the jeep at 4, it think it is a good idea) and a must with the 6.

Whick kit are you running, 6 long arm? I was trying to figure out if there was any difference between the 3 4 and 6 in regards to the arms. I know for a fact that the 3 and 4 inch kits are the same arms, I thought maybe the 6" kit was different, longer maybe? Any ideas on this.....I am wondering if you are topped out at 4" with that kit, or could you grow it to 6" with that same kit?
all the Fulltraction Long arms use the same control arms and brackets, the difference between the kits are the shocks, coils, pitman arm, and drop down brackets

so you can go from the 3" to the 6" kit by adding coils, shocks, pitman arm, drop down bracket
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Thanks, that is what I thought. That's the nice thing about going with those coilovers, you can set the height at whatever you want. Can't wait to get the rear evo set up for full adjustability. The fronts are great!!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Do think that a rear drop down bracket is needed as well as the front for 4" and over? Do you have a rear on yours?

Quick Reply: Project-JK Full Traction Long Arm Test on Knock-on-Wood Trail