Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Midwest Meetup Run... Disney Ok

Old 12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperk15
Hey Jack that drive home looks cold and icey glad you made it ok.
Yeah it wasn't so bad around Disney but once we hit the interstate it got bad and just got worse the farther I went..took about 4 hours to get home.

The funny part was it probably would have taken a little less but I was so intense in my driving because of how slick it was I forgot for a good while to switch into 4wd!! Then like a lightning bolt it hit me and I really gained some good control and was able to pick up the pace a little. I was really impressed with the BFG MT's on the ice. They did really well.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics Jack...

I can't wait to go out again...

Looks like your drive was worse than mine...I-44 wasn't bad until I got to OKC. Glad you made it home safe...
Old 12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Awesome day

Great all made it home safely............ Awesome pictures everyone. lokkin forward to the next one down this way..........
Old 12-09-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That mudhole was a LOT deeper than it looked (about hood depth). Jeff wanted to get the chance to use his winch too! Luckily, it just got the bottom of the air filter and I could clean it out. Nothing got sucked in the motor. I washed the filter today and re-oiled it and it's like new. Plus I worked my way out of there before the photographers got pics!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rescue X
I had alot of fun Saturday and I really like my 35's, they did really good but sometimes these 3.21's get to me. Could you PM me about the other gears that you have, I could really use them. I think I'd like them ALOT more and I bet I can get my 6th gear back. Glad you made it home ok also.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Armycop
LOL...I was running to try and get that pic but you where already out...You could have stayed in there a bit longer so I could have taken that pic...
Old 12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rescue X
I had alot of fun Saturday and I really like my 35's, they did really good but sometimes these 3.21's get to me. Could you PM me about the other gears that you have, I could really use them. I think I'd like them ALOT more and I bet I can get my 6th gear back. Glad you made it home ok also.
I enjoyed it as well...still can't believe you left last night...

PM sent...
Old 12-09-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue X
I enjoyed it as well...still can't believe you left last night...

PM sent...
Yea, should have stayed. What did you and Jack do today before you left?
Old 12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, should have stayed. What did you and Jack do today before you left?
Nothing...we got up and saw about 1/4 inch of ice on our Jeeps and said oh sh*t...

So, we aired up and came hope...I'm glad we did, because the roads have gotten worse as the day passed along...

We saw an SUV of some type completely flipped after driving about 20 miles this morning. There were 3 bad wrecks and quite a few people in the ditches.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue X
Nothing...we got up and saw about 1/4 inch of ice on our Jeeps and said oh sh*t...

So, we aired up and came hope...I'm glad we did, because the roads have gotten worse as the day passed along...

We saw an SUV of some type completely flipped after driving about 20 miles this morning. There were 3 bad wrecks and quite a few people in the ditches.
That's the reason I headed back Saturday night. I was not wanting to drive through all that crap.

Quick Reply: Midwest Meetup Run... Disney Ok