Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Midwest Meetup Run... Disney Ok

Old 12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Meetup Run... Disney Ok

Well we had a great showing and i'll start this tread off. Since i'm the first 1 home and it will be a couple days before Fred aka. JackMacOKC sees this.............

In attendance. Docwinkle, JackMacOKC, RescueX, TORN, armycop, Mark Doiron, thumperk15.... Thx all for making it and a special shout out to Extreme4wheelin for the guidance especially Mark Q and his Sami
And on a side note i lost my stupid cell phone.........doh!!!!!!
Had a good time on Sat we all came away undamaged for the most part and the JKs represented well out there.

Blind Fred first

The group

Heres some videos from it.
Rescue's ATTEMP at rolloverhill He swore he would make it. And of coarse we where all there to lend our whole hearted support

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFKI77pFfCw

A friend of mine who guided us through the trails Mark Q in his Sami and I went up rollover which was quite the ride for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzYJRdVQD4

Then there was Armycop and the first real obstacle of the day. Very nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-LyOESoWLE

Again all Thanks for a great day sorry i didnt have alot of good wheelin shots. I know Mark D got alot of those .
And lets grow this tread and add alot more shots.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Who is who? Great pics.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Docwinkle
Well we had a great showing and i'll start this tread off. Since i'm the first 1 home
I stayed up past my bedtime to beat you, and still didn't! Here are a few more teaser images. I'll get the CD with more images to JackMacOKC and he'll get all of them up.

Curtis, Bryan and I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting every one of you. We look forward to doing it again in the near future!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Robar
Who is who? Great pics.

Torn, Armycop, my son Curtis and his friend Bryan, Jack and his dad Docwinkle, and JackMacOKC. We also have another picture with me in it. I had my camera on a tripod and had to run across the rocks to get in the picture. But I wasn't quick enough. So Curtis did it. We'll get that one up pretty soon. And RescueX arrived later and we took another shot with him in it. That's coming soon, too. And ThumperK15 arrived even after that, but we didn't get another group shot. Now we'll have to go back and do it again!

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-09-2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Torn, Armycop, my son Curtis and his friend Bryan, Conner and his dad Docwinkle, and JackMacOKC. We also have another picture with me in it. I had my camera on a tripod and had to run across the rocks to get in the picture. But I wasn't quick enough. So Curtis did it. We'll get that one up pretty soon. And RescueX arrived later and we took another shot with him in it. That's coming soon, too. And ThumperK15 arrived even after that, but we didn't get another group shot. Now we'll have to go back and do it again!
Thanks, looks like a great time was had.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

where is this place? how far of a drive was it for army cop, coming from FLW?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
where is this place? how far of a drive was it for army cop, coming from FLW?
230 miles...

Fred (aka JackMacOKC) did an amazing job of getting stuck within the first 30 minutes of getting there on the smallest rock possible...

Seriously, Jack was a great host. Breakfast was ready when we pulled up to his house. We have to do it again soon.

Last edited by armycop; 12-08-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

AWESOME!! Looks like you all had a great time - thanks for posting up all the pics
Old 12-09-2007, 02:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by armycop
230 miles... Seriously, Jack was a great host. Breakfast was ready when we pulled up to his house. We have to do it again soon.
Hey! I helped cook it! But Jack was a great host, and he did pay for breakfast. Thanks, Jack!
Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
where is this place? ...
It's the town of Disney, OK. Search on mapquest and you can find it. It's on Grand Lake O the Cherokees. We wheeled in the areas downriver from the dams. I'll be getting some more images up shortly.

Hey, everyone who went: PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you an invite for the images from my Walgreen's account. From there you'll be able to print the pictures ($.19 each, one hr delivery to your local store). You can also download the images and print them at home if you prefer. And, Jack (aka Fred), get me your mailing address and I'll send that CD off.

Quick Reply: Midwest Meetup Run... Disney Ok