Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

JK-Forum Does Disney, OK, Aug 08

Old 08-04-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, Sunday was fun for me too. Thanks Jack for hanging out and showing me around.

I've got some cool pics of Jack but they're at home, I'll upload tonight.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Okie4WD
Great shots Mark. Makes me wish even more I could have been there. (105 degrees be damned.)
no kidding 105!! and these crazy cats had their doors off.. mine would been on with the air conditioner A BLOWIN!!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Trail Damage

Okay, here's some photos of the trail damage I suffered. This does not include the numerous trail pinstripes in the paint and fenders. Funny thing: I even have one on a door and I didn't even have the doors on!!!!

Tire punctures (found second puncture this morning). New tire should be in at Four Wheel Parts tomorrow:

Bunged up hard top when I slid into a tree. That one big crack is all the way through right where the top folds around--I expect this must be repaired before we lift the top up lest it spread:

After reaching the highway, the ESP and BAS/TCS lights came on and stayed on. The steering wheel was turned at ninety degrees when driving straight ahead. Adjusted the drag link about 1/4" to fix it and the lights went out. So I've got my fingers crossed this one will be okay without further expense.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 08-04-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
no kidding 105!! and these crazy cats had their doors off.. mine would been on with the air conditioner A BLOWIN!!
I don't know how effective it would be. What, with crawling speeds, there would have been a lot of heat build-up and I think it might have caused the engine to overheat. Just speculation, but I think it was best to crawl without the air conditioner on. Anyone with actual experience, I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was running the AC with the doors off......
Old 08-04-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rescue X
I was running the AC with the doors off......
x2, most of the time
Old 08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I don't know how effective it would be. What, with crawling speeds, there would have been a lot of heat build-up and I think it might have caused the engine to overheat. Just speculation, but I think it was best to crawl without the air conditioner on. Anyone with actual experience, I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Yeah I had mine on and off all day. I only turned it off when it really heated up..but sometimes I'd turn it off because it would cause the engine to run really hot when idle.

Originally Posted by davebloomer
Admittedly on sunday I had my doors on (and suprisingly sustained no real damage) when I went out with Jerry..and it was much nicer inside the JK. Although I really didn't like the view being cut down. Made it harder to see where I was going. Can't underscore the value of being able to pop your body out the side when you're looking down a 45 degree hill.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

Again...

I regret that i could not make it! :(

I hear that there might be another SMORR run coming?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pics guys it looks like you all had a blast, I am sooooooo ready to go again. Maybe soon.

Red
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

That looks like a great place to wheel!

Quick Reply: JK-Forum Does Disney, OK, Aug 08