Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Highway Stories?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Splash
I've got one.
I was on this highway once, on vacation, and this smokin' hot blond chick in a red convertable came up alongside and was flirting with me and all that. And later I ran into her again at the motel, and .....

Oh wait. That was a movie. I have no life. Never mind. Carry on.
Clark, is that you?

Seriously, very few posts actually make me laugh out loud, but that one got a good chuckle...
Old 08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last winter I was driving down I-35 South towards Overland Park at about 1am from work. Ice, snow and more ice covered the lanes. Anyways, there was hardly ANYBODY on the highway, most sane people were at home. As the highway made a turn I thought I saw something ahead in the road and slowed down. It was snowing pretty heavy, and I couldn't make it out until I was maybe a hundred feet away. A dinky little hybrid had spun out, wrecked, and finally stopped in the center lane of the highway. I pulled up next to them and asked if everything was okay. They said it had JUST happened, and that the police were already on their way. I didn't have my tow strap with me to get them to the side of the road (I now carry plenty of recovery gear at all time because of this incident). With a gap in the traffic I pulled over to the shoulder and backed up about a hundred feet and lit them up with my KC HiLites. The snow was so thick nobody would have seen them otherwise until it was too late. The police and an ambulance showed up a few minutes later, and once they got there I left.

The lesson of the story is always be prepared to help someone who isn't fortunate enough to drive a Jeep.

Quick Reply: Highway Stories?