Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

GWNF Memorial weekend saturday

Old 05-24-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GWNF Memorial weekend saturday

Here are a couple pictures of me and a buddy going out with a bunch of the guys from the Forum showing us how to do things... thanks for taking us out around the trails guys and showing us some things. Thanks Charlie K. JoeGlock and RubiEngr... here is the site I have the photos posted and here is a taste of a few of them. http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/572370547embdgG

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by brandonbooth; 05-24-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pics!

looks like you had some nice weather. hope to get down there one of these years.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
great pics!

looks like you had some nice weather. hope to get down there one of these years.
Weather could not have been better... I had a great time. We didn't exactly make it where planned but it worked out to be a great day anyways. Found an obstacle that managed to give all five of us a nice little challenge.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 AM
JK Junkie

Great pictures and nice looking Jeeps
Old 05-26-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

awesome pics... but PLEASE tell me that wasn't the large set of rocks OFF the trail on flag pole? I've seen the rangers write people up for crawling on those. those rocks are technically considered "off the trail" that goes between flag pole and meadow knob. i hate to be a stickler about it, but i just want you guys to know that so that you won't encourage others to do it.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks fun, but whats with the ropes? You guys are roped up but dont even look like your crawling over anything that would put you even close to off camber.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those are great looking pics and Jeeps! Looks like everyone had a great time!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice pics, thanks for sharing
Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Looks fun, but whats with the ropes? You guys are roped up but dont even look like your crawling over anything that would put you even close to off camber.
Better safe than sorry... the stock Rubi was rocking side to side because its pass rear tire wasnt touching and the front driver tire was barely on... so we used the rope there... and the silver rubi when coming down started sliding sideways a little bit off the rock so once again better safe then sideways.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
awesome pics... but PLEASE tell me that wasn't the large set of rocks OFF the trail on flag pole? I've seen the rangers write people up for crawling on those. those rocks are technically considered "off the trail" that goes between flag pole and meadow knob. i hate to be a stickler about it, but i just want you guys to know that so that you won't encourage others to do it.
Good to know... we never did make it to dictums ended up taking flag pole backwards due to some GPS mixup!

Quick Reply: GWNF Memorial weekend saturday