Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

good places for some light wheelin in SF Bay area-ish?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good places for some light wheelin in SF Bay area-ish?

Anybody have some favorite fire roads or just good places to wheel around near the san francisco bay area? I moved down here not too long ago from Oregon and really miss the "trails" up there so close to home. Just looking for suggestions of places to check out. Also, if anyone has a trip coming up soon nearby I'd be down. My JK is pretty stock but I'm always up for pushing it and finding a weakness that needs to be fixed.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Hollister is kind of close. Carnagie is in Livermore but not that great i hear. Might be doing the Rubicon in july if you are interested.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going to get some people from my work that ride dirt bikes to go out to Hollister this weekend I think. Going to trailer their stuff out and wheel around a bit. Interested to see it. I'm not that familiar with actual trail names so fill me in on the Rubicon trip? There's a good chance I'm in.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

The rubicon trail is an iconic jeep trail located in the sierra nevada mountains near south lake tahoe. Its a 3-4 day trip so plan on camping. Ive seen stock jeeps go through but not recommended. Im sure you can find something on this forum about it. Or just google it.

Quick Reply: good places for some light wheelin in SF Bay area-ish?