Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Carnage Colorado

Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carnage Colorado

So my friends and i took off to Buena Vista to run carnage. It is a level 10 out of 10 trail. f/r lockers, 35 inch tires minimum (the sign has changed to 39 inch tires). and a winch. body damage likely. heres thin info on the trail http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=178

as you can see in the photo it is required that you winch out of the exit. one mistake and you are rolling down a hill of boulders bigger then your jeep. so it was myself the White Widow on 40s. my friend jay in a tj on 42s, my friend jack in his buggy on 47s, and another friend andy in his samurai buggy on 44s. sorry we mostly took video so once the send me their footage i will post it

we took off up the trail and every thing was smooth all the way up to the v notch where last week i broke my windshield and smashed in my fender when i flopped it on the side. this time the suspension unloaded on me and i almost rolled backwards but my tire caught a rock so my buddy pulled my winch and we pulled the jeep back down. next my buddy in the tj rolled his jeep twice. he smashed his tube fender into the grill, next time we will do it right and tie the fenders into the frame. no damage other then that. a little while after that my friend with the Mercedes axles on 47s flopped. a little further down the the trail the jks track bar on the white widow decided to snap in half. i was very disappointed to see how skinny the wall in the track bar was. oh well im making a new one out of chromolly. no big deal i had a new one flown in and was back up and running.

the exit was fun pretty scary every one winched the exit. if your line breaks your going for a ride. i got a couple pics of jack and i vid of my self. we had a blast and i will post more video of every one else later

Video
Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Wow, that is some trail. Some day you and dildo from Mexico should wheel together. I'd buy tickets to see that

For all it has been through, your JK looks great by the way.

-meljr
Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by meljr
Wow, that is some trail. Some day you and dildo from Mexico should wheel together. I'd buy tickets to see that

For all it has been through, your JK looks great by the way.

-meljr
ya that would be a fun trail run. the White Widow, the Flying Dildo, and No Compromise
Old 10-19-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Damn now thats a trail
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

damn i guess i cant run it if the sign says 39s now...if only 35s were still allowed

i need more pics of the flops!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

wow that is sick white widow your jk looks awesome with the windshield down that trail is rediculous
Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I am speechless, sort of. That trail looks insane. The roll cage turned out great!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

looks amazing!!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow the if the the rest of the run was as hardcore as the ending it must have been a fun day
Old 10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks Awesome but I think I'll pass on this trail. Can't wait to see more pictures though.

Quick Reply: Carnage Colorado