Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

72,000 Acres in Tennessee - Redux

Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome pictures Man looks like a great time !
Old 11-07-2009, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

WOW!! Thats awesome. Now I see what you were talking about Derek! We definatly gotta do this place as a summer event!!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
yeah... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. why didnt anyone tell me I was grinding up on all my steering shit?
We did!!! Corey was practically on his hands and knees begging you to stop.

Seriously though, we yelled vigorously for you to stop - which you did. That's why it isn't any worse than the pics show. The real trick was extricating you from that boulder, but Corey did a great job coaching you over, and guiding you back onto a good line.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 11-08-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
dburgette, any pics of you guys crawling up T15? I don't think we hit T3 - so many trails, so little time.
It was just myself and my father-in-law with no camera. I think I have some video of it, but haven't sorted through it. I have been there in December and the middle of the summer. It is like two different parks. The wet conditions make it feel like you are wheelin' on ice. Your pictures definitely give a good idea of how slick it was.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

yeah... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. why didnt anyone tell me I was grinding up on all my steering shit?
That's when I stopped you from backing up off the rock, you winched forward and your passenger tire lifted up the Axel and steering off the rock.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Default Coal Creek / Windrock Pics

Interesting shot of 35" MTRs next to 37" KM2s. When the vehicles weren't sitting side by side as in the below pic, the MTRs almost looked like they were the same size as the KM2s.

Lined up while we discuss which trail to wheel next. If I cross my eyes just right, it almost looks like the Jeep Green JK is spinning mud onto the white Rubi.

ckivy on the way up to the top of T15 with his new 37" KM2s.

Top of T15.

I often played the role of Trail Canary, but I "lost" the group several times during the ride.

Thought this was an interesting shot. Note the stock silver Unlimited in the background with stock tires/wheels - side looks pretty clean. Big difference compared to the side of the black UJK with the fender chop mod, and 37" KM2s (or for that matter, the Jeep Green Unlimited in the left of the pic with 35s and stock fenders).

Old 11-10-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a video from the weekend: http://www.vimeo.com/7428154

Nice pictures!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
We did!!! Corey was practically on his hands and knees begging you to stop.

Seriously though, we yelled vigorously for you to stop - which you did. That's why it isn't any worse than the pics show. The real trick was extricating you from that boulder, but Corey did a great job coaching you over, and guiding you back onto a good line.

yeah... he is really saying that... last time i remember a quote from him was at mountainside when he said "he never breaks anything"

and no wonder I did not stop... corey was under my jeep filming the destruction! lol... he was like "yeah, turn left and gas it"
Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

yeah... he is really saying that... last time i remember a quote from him was at mountainside when he said "he never breaks anything"

And no wonder I did not stop... Corey was under my jeep filming the destruction! lol... he was like "yeah, turn left and gas it"
Actually not a bad suggestion - if he had said, "Keep it turned right, and continue dancing on that skinny pedal." you'd have legitimate cause for grievance.

We actually watched over you pretty well, and even let you know when you kept thumping this ledge with your bumper.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

Just some final pics that I didn't have a chance to load lately (crummy Comcast internet was down for six days ).

Scenic shot - colors were more vibrant up close, but you get the general idea.

Thick mud piled up inside the wheels.

Using the tire sidewall to climb through this section.

Quick Reply: 72,000 Acres in Tennessee - Redux