Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ZJ bit the dust

Old 02-20-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZJ bit the dust

Its finally had enough and the ZJ will be leaving the stable.

That will leave an open spot for a JK! With baby on the way and two dogs I'm looking at the Unlimited. My problem is deciding on which package to get.

I currently have an 85CJ7 wheeler, but I'd like to wheel with the family too. For now I'm going to try and keep the CJ for those hard core days and wheel the JK on the lighter days with the fam.

So I need some opinions and help. Are the rubi's worth the extra cash or should I just buy a lower model and build it up my self? I've only been wrenching a couple years on the CJ.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by atomicflatulence
Its finally had enough and the ZJ will be leaving the stable.

That will leave an open spot for a JK! With baby on the way and two dogs I'm looking at the Unlimited. My problem is deciding on which package to get.

I currently have an 85CJ7 wheeler, but I'd like to wheel with the family too. For now I'm going to try and keep the CJ for those hard core days and wheel the JK on the lighter days with the fam.

So I need some opinions and help. Are the rubi's worth the extra cash or should I just buy a lower model and build it up my self? I've only been wrenching a couple years on the CJ.

Get the Rubi, it is very capable right out of the gate. I wish I would have done that in '07, and now you can get a new Rubi for ~$25k!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

I'm almost sold on the Rubi and I haven't even drove one yet! I know it will be better than the CJ, KJ, and ZJ.

The one on the lot down the street is black. It looks good, but I'd really like the orange or green.

How hard would it be to find one with half doors?

My other concern is buying a new vehicle too quickly. I am a little crazy about jeeps and I'm worried that another vehicle might be a better choice with a baby on the way...
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Probably gonna be tough to find one with half doors.

Go with the Rubi, start the kid off right!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

It has crossed my mind that having the rubi would be a lot different than having a build. My thoughts are that I need a reliable more comfortable wheeling mobile for the wife and baby. (Might just be mother-nature messing with me)

I considered an X unlimited so I could still build my own rig, but I'm not sure that is a good idea with all the diaper changing and added responsibility. The fact I don't have a garage or another vehicle to drive while its in the middle of a project has killed that idea too.

If I have to get rid of the CJ to afford it, I will be sad. I really love that thing. I like having something I can wrench on and not have to worry a lot about f-ing up, but if a Rubi lets me keep some wheeling in my life then its worth it. Its just not dependable enough for a 4 hour trip to wheel.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A rubi with half doors would be sweet!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
A rubi with half doors would be sweet!
It an option on the build site for JEEP, but no one has one! And every one comes with both tops...I don't want a damn hardtop!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

It won't be too hard to sell a hard top. I'd buy it if I wasn't house shopping right now. I'm sure there's plenty that would, just ask the price of the option to add it.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Word is in.

Cracked intake manifold, clogged cat, sensors ruined...water pump shot...no word on the trans because of all the other stuff wrong.

Anyone buy a Rubicon Unlimited recently? I'm hoping to get one, but i'm really bad with price negotiations. I really hate it!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Go with the rubi, with a new kid your not gonna have that much time I'm guessing. The stock rubi is very cabable, throw a lift and tires on and your good to go!

Quick Reply: ZJ bit the dust