Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Your Dream Jeep

Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be putting a date on myself, but I saw my first Jeep in an old '60's TV show called "The Rat Patrol". Those guys were cool blasting around the desert, shooting the big .50 cal and fighting the Nazis. Great show. And it was in color, which made it even better for those of us raised on B&W TV....

Bought my first jeep in 1985, Comanche p/u. Had it for less than a month when an idiot in a BMW rear ended me on the freeway between Galveston & Houston. Scratched my bumper, tore his Beemer all to hell, parts where going every wich-a-way down the freeway....LOL. Had the Comanche for 9 years & 203000 miles. That thing was a tank. Hunted and fished out of that baby almost every weekend.

Made up my mind when I sold it to someday get a Wrangler. Took me awhile, but baby, I'm back......
Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heck yea guys love those last two stories. im amazed at how much you love jeep wranglers. Its a beautiful thing.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:15 AM
JK Newbie

Don't flame me...but what made me fall in love with Jeeps wasn't a Jeep...it was a Rolls Royce Champ (British WWII 'jeep') my parents' friend was rebuilding when I was about 10.

BUT! I fell for the look and the feel of it...and so on to jeeps. Only got my first one last year (65th anniversary TJ) which I loved to bits...but too hard to carry my wife and new daughter (and associated stuff), so traded on a JK 4 door...and I love this even more than the TJ!

AND!! We can all go wheeling as a family with the top off! (Laws won't let us drive doorless here...I think...)

EDIT - I was wrong...the AUSTIN Champ (with Rolls Royce engine) was post WWII...Jeep beat it by about 10 years! Aaaaanyway...it made me like Jeeps. So there.

Last edited by AussieJeepster; 10-24-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Smile Willy

My Grandfather's Willy. He just used for snowplowing. It just sat there most of the time and I would play on it. It was all steel.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Daisy Dukes

Daisy's. That white Jeep was a real eye catcher. I am glad it was shown topless.

Last edited by desert08; 01-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Back in the late 80's I worked for an auto parts place in Fort Lauderdale. The store manager had a new Jeep. On my days off I'd detail his Jeep, and his wife's Trans Am.

One day he says he's thinking about selling the Jeep. Jokingly I offered to go to the hardware store, buy a for sale sign, and drive it down Fort Lauderdale beach. So I dropped the top, and cruised the beach!

I got more action in that Jeep........
Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Originally Posted by duskydriver
Back in the late 80's I worked for an auto parts place in Fort Lauderdale. The store manager had a new Jeep. On my days off I'd detail his Jeep, and his wife's Trans Am.

One day he says he's thinking about selling the Jeep. Jokingly I offered to go to the hardware store, buy a for sale sign, and drive it down Fort Lauderdale beach. So I dropped the top, and cruised the beach!

I got more action in that Jeep........
Good times. He probably knew too.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

What did it for me was looking at my Granddad's pictures from WWII. He drove a half-track AA gun in battle, but a few of the pics had the old military Jeep he drove around camp. M.A.S.H. re-enforced the image of the Jeep. Then Daisy Duke, The Fall Guy, the cool guys in the nieghborhood.... My Mom would not let me have one, then my wife would not let me have one. Upgraded wife to a newer model, now I have my Jeep!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re:

It was the first time I rode in my friends Wrangler...Top off, doors off, early 20's loving life...He knew I was hooked and just so happened to be taking leave the next week so offered to let me borrow it for the week...I was in heaven. I was an E-4, pretty much broke for the most part, and already had a reliable vehicle, but when he got back and i had to give up his jeep, i knew there was only one thing to do... i scouted all the dealerships in town....finally found a great deal in houston so drove my car there and traded it for a '99 TJ Sport....I have been hooked ever since.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dream jeep is the one I have now when it's payed off. me

Quick Reply: Your Dream Jeep