Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Your Dream Jeep

Old 09-23-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have any, actually. I used to see it in various parts catalogs....
Old 10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess what was on tv last night! TOMB RAIDER woot! angelina and my jeep. woot!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dream right now is for a JK pickup or even a brute kit.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my dream jeep is takin a train ride, at this moment!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 74 Cj5

The one that got me hooked was the 74 CJ5 my father brought home. I still remember wheelin at night with no top, or doors and the heater going full blast in November. No other experience can compare.

My dream Jeep will be here in a few weeks.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
JK Freak

Default Still a work in progress

My dream Jeep is outside standing guard, I just need to work some more, get some more cash and put it all to the Jeep... Just give it a couple of years, It will get there. They didn't build Rome in a day, they could've but they were too busy working on their Jeeps...
Old 10-20-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Well,, I always wanted one,, as a young kid hearing about my Dads Jeepster driving thru several feet of snow(uphill both ways), and making it thru anything,, well my Mom would point out all the times they got stuck when He did something stupid,, but never had one,, had a scout,, rotted out,, a 71 chevy w/14" lift and 44 gateway mudders,, and lots of differnt cars and trucks.. I stayed away from the cj's and the yjs due to rust. I've failed a lot for inspection for rust.. Then my 03 tj sittin on the used car lot with 1200 miles on it,, traded in my s-10 sportbox 4x4 and been hooked since,, just traded the tj in with 90k+ just 2 1/2 years of use on my new jk 2dr. My dream jeep would be to make my jk a steel blue version of the skunkwork orange jeep,,
Steve
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Junkie

I originally became hooked on Jeeps in 1999 when I moved to Missoula, Montana. I saw the Plymouth Prowler AEV Grand Cherokee in 2000 sitting in the parking lot of a local grocery store. I went to college and lived there for 5 years, and every time I saw any of their vehicles they produced (Brute, long wheel base Wranglers, Hemi Wranglers) I fell in love even more. Due to thisI have fallen madly in love, and am now saving up money so I can purchase one of the Wrangler Unlimited conversions, with a 37" tire upgrade.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Movie with Kevin Costner " Revenge" I think.

He was driving all around Mexico in a Jeep like vehicle with no tops / doors.

I think it might have been an old landcruiser but it looked free and fun.
Seemed to reflect a spirit or way of mind rather than just a vehicle to drive.

Managed to get me my wife too......

Met her for coffee and made a mistake of wearing green shirt and purple shorts (I have a fashion problem) . Anyway she thought I was a waste of time because of the first impression I made and was not interested anymore.

After the coffee we said goodbye and I climbed into my red Jeep no doors / top and drove away. She saw that, and thought to herself I might be worth a second try . We have been married 14 years now.

Nightbat
Old 10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hampton, VA late 1975. I was 9. They always had new car shows in the mall and Newmarket North had just opened so they hosted it. I've always been been a big car fan, so I was in heaven cruising around, climbing in and out of them and just being a pain in the ass to the dealers. I make it upstairs and there's a bright red '76 CJ7, completely unbuttoned. I sat in it and at that moment I wanted one! Every year I'd somehow make it to a car show or showroom and get dealer brochures on the new models. Wow, wish I still had them!

When I got older, my firend's step dad had a black CJ5. I can remember how cramped, drafty and windy it was but still wanted one! Around that same time, I got hooked on Rat Patrol reruns and thought it was cool what they did to those military Jeeps.

I joined the Army in '85. Never got to drive a Hummer, but man I loved the Jeeps! I was an M60 gunner when we went on field exercises, so it was a blast standing up in it during patrols. We tried like hell to get those things stuck and never could. The closest call was in Belgium. I was cruising with a buddy and we got off the trail and sunk the rear end past the bumperettes in mud so thick it ripped a heel off my boot. He thought it was in 4WD, but it was only in 2, so he pulled it to 4 low and it popped out like it was nothing.

The YJ's came out while I was in Germany and I remember thinking how I really didn't want a Jeep anymore since they look like this now. When the TJ's came out, I was in love again and finally got a '98 on lease. One thing led to another we got rid of it with my wife making the promise that once we got to a secure point financially, I could have another one, any model, to do with whatever I please. We were looking real hard the JK Unlimiteds, but the more I thought about it the more a third vehicle made sense so that way we don't have a totally impractical vehicle for a daily driver. That's where my '99 TJ comes in.

I'm now raising two Jeep girls. The 16 year old was around when I had my other TJ and she was as heartbroken as I was when I got rid of it. She was a big part in the decision making process since she'll get to drive it, too. She can spot a Jeep a mile away and will offer her critique of the equipment or color. She's also ready to go to Camp Jeep.

The two year old. She's wide open when it comes to it. She cries when we come in and she hasn't had her turn to "drive the Jeep". Funny...she doesn't do that with the Honda. I pointed out a YJ with a hard top one day and said "look at that Jeep" her reply: "that's not a Jeep, it's just a car".

Mrs. Lawdog likes the idea of the Jeep as a third (well, fourth if you count my company car) vehicle, but she's not a big fan of driving it. She just doesn't get it.

Quick Reply: Your Dream Jeep