Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

You think DC (Jeep) is bad re:warranty?

Old 03-19-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You think DC (Jeep) is bad re:warranty?

Then you better think again. Surprise of all surprises I hit the mother lode today. Picked up a part I had ordered, got home, read the fine print I signed and this is what is said...........

"No warranty on drive train parts with tires over 31" tall."

My totally stock Jeep has tires over 31" tall and I was going to go to 33's and still am but that particular supplier will never see me purchase a DT part from them, ever! Furthermore I won't even bother to ever check and see if they change their policy.

Word to the wise, be careful and read the fine print. PM me if you want the vendor, or a moderator can leave a message if they'd like the vender in this message.

I don't think they are a sponsor here.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Sent you a PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know you are allowed to post the name of non sponsors on the forum, you just cant post a direct link to their website

what kind of part did you purchase?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
you know you are allowed to post the name of non sponsors on the forum, you just cant post a direct link to their website

what kind of part did you purchase?
Luckily I had ordered a non-drivetrain part. You can be sure I won't be buying stuff like that there.

Strange thing is that I saw vehicles getting DT stuff installed on them in their installation shop,
Old 03-20-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CIJeep
Then you better think again. Surprise of all surprises I hit the mother lode today. Picked up a part I had ordered, got home, read the fine print I signed and this is what is said...........

"No warranty on drive train parts with tires over 31" tall."

My totally stock Jeep has tires over 31" tall and I was going to go to 33's and still am but that particular supplier will never see me purchase a DT part from them, ever! Furthermore I won't even bother to ever check and see if they change their policy.

Word to the wise, be careful and read the fine print. PM me if you want the vendor, or a moderator can leave a message if they'd like the vender in this message.

I don't think they are a sponsor here.
wow you sure sound upset over nothing your part didn't brake, you didn't buy a DT part and you weren't refused warranty
Old 03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

CIJeep, did you deal with a Jeep dealer? If so, I can see why you are warning us. If you ever take tour jeep in for service, and it's documented that you have tires over 31, then their arguement may be stronger when trying to get warranty service. HOWEVER, I can't see it to be possible for original conditions of agreement (at time of purchase of vehicle) to be voided or altered at Jeeps discretion.

Quick Reply: You think DC (Jeep) is bad re:warranty?