Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Are you REALLY happy you bought a jeep???

Old 12-02-2011, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I had a manual transmission. Didn't realize how much I would miss stick shift. Other than that, it's the car I have wanted since childhood
Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a FJ40 since 1978 and enjoy riding in the Sierras with my wife very much. I just purchased a new 2-door Rubi and am very pleased with the vehicle. We look forward to using it for many years to come.

Now I need to sell the FJ as I perfer the Jeep.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepn58
I just wish the back seat was a lil more comfy for my passengers..
try sticking a few washers under the front bolts holding the bench in. i thought of this when i test drove the JKUR, then came on here and saw that somebody beat me to it. i just wish the drivers seat had a little better lumbar support.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B 1000
Wish I had a manual transmission. Didn't realize how much I would miss stick shift. Other than that, it's the car I have wanted since childhood
I feel the same way, I thought that I would hate have a manual have driven one for past 18 years decided to lazy, what a mistake I no longer feel in control of the vehicle and can't believe how much I miss it.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love it. Wanted one since 2007 when I test drove one. Took me a while but I got it
Picked it up 9/30/11 got 5k miles and other than gas mileage (i wasn't expecting much) no complaints.

Last edited by greggnj; 12-02-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by notsoricer

try sticking a few washers under the front bolts holding the bench in. i thought of this when i test drove the JKUR, then came on here and saw that somebody beat me to it. i just wish the drivers seat had a little better lumbar support.
Great idea... Thanks!! I'm on it.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

I absolutely love my Jeep!! I love the versatility of it!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Am I REALLY happy?

Absolutely!

I haven't felt this good about my ride in years! I have always wanted a Jeep, and I finally got one . . . exactly the model and color I wanted with all the options I wanted.

I had a number of other cars before: three Fords, three Nissans, a Chevy, even a British Leyland (MG Midget) . . . two of them were compact pickups, one of which was a 4x4, but most were smaller sports cars.

I can't say it enough . . . I love my Jeep!

I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can take off my roof panels . . .

(so, umm . . . can a guy marry his Jeep? . . . *ahem* . . . I could go on and on, but it might get embarrassing)

All best, and thanks,
Joe

Last edited by Jersey Joe; 12-03-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jersey Joe
Am I REALLY happy?

Absolutely!

I haven't felt this good about my ride in years! I have always wanted a Jeep, and I finally got one . . . exactly the model and color I wanted with all the options I wanted.

I had a number of other cars before: three Fords, three Nissans, a Chevy, even a British Leyland (MJ Midget) . . . two of them were compact pickups, one of which was a 4x4, but most were smaller sports cars.

I can't say it enough . . . I love my Jeep!

I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can take off my roof panels . . .

(umm . . . can a guy marry his Jeep? . . . *ahem* . . . I could go on and on, but it might get embarrassing)

All best, and thanks,
Joe
You took the words right out of my mouth. In fact my wife is actually a bit jealous of my rig. She said why don't you gaze at me like that? I said it's because you don't flawlessly perform every time on command like it does. Wasn't received well and did not enhance her performance that night LOL.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
I drove over 200 miles today for work. Got home, wife asks me to run an errand and I gleefully hop into my Jeep and drive some more. Something about it makes you a kid all over again. Never happened before with any of my previous vehicles.

Yep . . . that about sums it up for me as well!

('cept I don't have a wife to ask me to go on an errand . . . that's why I thought that if I married my Jeep, she might want to go out again for something when we got home *lol*)

I really DO feel like a kid again! . . . I also can't get enough of that Sirius radio! . . .

I love "The Boneyard" . . .

All best, and getting ready for another ride

Joe

Last edited by Jersey Joe; 12-03-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Are you REALLY happy you bought a jeep???