Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Are you happy?

Old 03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I want to honestly reply that at 1st I was not all 100% happy with my Rubi as it is my 1st American vehicle and visiting the service dpt a few times for the re-flash and a possible gas leak my fear of having bought a lemon had started to grow.
Now 3k miles later and after 2 blizzards and having gotten used to the rear wheel drive on wet roads, adding some modifications and these going on so smooth like I was working on my "other" car, I'm a 100% happy camper as I have made the right choice or should I say my wife made the right choice (instead of the FJ) she did the research and made the appointment for the test drive ..... she is a keeper....I mean my wife....
Old 03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Like my ex-g/f used to say: i'm happy as a clam
Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Only got about 1500 miles on my Rubicon 4dr but everything has been perfect so far and this vehicle has exceeded my expectations. Other than an old military this is my first Jeep.

I think they will come out with a better engine in a couple of years. Like others have said, it's adequate but I sure wouldn't want any LESS power. Mileage I can live with since there are so many awesome attributes to this rig they far outweigh this small disappointment.

Wish they put an oil pressure guage in, it sure wouldn't cost much and the dash would seem more complete with it and me more comfortable. I like knowi ng what is going on with the motor.

ALL IN ALL, I'M MORE THAN HAPPY, BIG TIME JEEP FAN NOW!!!!!!!!!!

LOADSTAR
Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
No, by definition, you're an oxymoron. You can't play one side of your screen name.

So, I'm happy-er

uh... did i just get called a moron? (are you my ex?)

well shoot, i thought i could play both sides, kinda like onna those really cool double agent secret spy kinda people in the movies.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

4500 miles and happy. would buy another jk in a heartbeat if it came down to it. maybe spring the $ for a rubi, but either way.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Just 500 miles on my Rubi, but loving it. so far only mild offroading, but the top has been down a bunch and I LOVE THIS FREAKING THING!!!!

Last edited by Klietable; 03-23-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

500 miles and very happy. I did have a little leak in the freedom top but it has been resolved by the dealer.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

3500 miles and still very happy...

I did have a problem though...the starter solenoid went out and had to be replaced...problem was I had to have it towed...but, DC roadside assist took care of it...
Old 03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Old 03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

I'm glad I got my JK. I think I'm mostly disappointed in the interior, seems like it was an afterthought as far as scratches on the plastic, limited storage, little room for accessories such as a CB, and poor fit. But compared to my old '90 YJ, this Jeep is by far the best Jeep ever built. The form and function is in a class of its own.

I would describe the JK as solid with some perks. I wish I could afford a Rubi, but I think my X will do 97% of all I need it to do here in Florida, even without a lift. The soft top is a great bonus in the great "Heart of Florida" weather.

Quick Reply: Are you happy?