Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

YES Essentials in an X model...I have a tag...

Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look at the 2009 brochure, it simply states:

Inside there are cloth seats with Stain Repel (the stain-resistant, odor-resistant antistatic
seat fabric).

No mention of YES Essentials (or YES anything) in the brochure.

Looks like YES Essentials is dead in 2009.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
Inside there are cloth seats with Stain Repel (the stain-resistant, odor-resistant antistatic
seat fabric).

you are correct, the website just shows "stain repellant"
Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

pics tomorrow...too dark..

I took a flashlight outside though for one last search for the YES tag...nothing
Old 05-19-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

seat fabric).

thats incorrect i have a 2009 and my seats have the yes tag
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubya
Let's see a pic of your seats.
Well...I was thinking picture and it occurred to me that I had the 2008 brochure for the Wrangler. According to the pictures in the brochure I only have regular seats...no YES fabric.

It's called Everest/Wallace II cloth.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nght&Day-jk
thats incorrect i have a 2009 and my seats have the yes tag
The brochure is subject to the the fine print:

All product illustrations and specifications are based upon current information at the time of publication approval. Although descriptions are believed correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Chrysler LLC reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice or obligation in prices, specifi cations, colors and materials, and to change or discontinue models. Some of the equipment shown or described throughout this catalog is available at extra cost. Available in U.S. markets only. See your dealer for the latest information.

There's a good reason YES Essentials is mentioned in the 2007 and 2008 brochures but not the 2009. Running out the 2008 production comes to mind why you got yours. What month was yours built? Open the dirver's door - the date of manufacture is on the pillar. I'll bet yours we built in '08 or early '09. I'll also bet the ones built recently (before the plants shut down) do not have the tag.

All you 2009 Sahara and Rubicon owners out there - have the YES tag?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

All product illustrations and specifications are based upon current information at the time of publication approval. Although descriptions are believed correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Chrysler LLC reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice or obligation in prices, specifi cations, colors and materials, and to change or discontinue models. Some of the equipment shown or described throughout this catalog is available at extra cost. Available in U.S. markets only. See your dealer for the latest information.

There's a good reason YES Essentials is mentioned in the 2007 and 2008 brochures but not the 2009. Running out the 2008 production comes to mind why you got yours. What month was yours built? Open the dirver's door - the date of manufacture is on the pillar. I'll bet yours we built in '08 or early '09. I'll also bet the ones built recently (before the plants shut down) do not have the tag.

my door says 4/09
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nght&Day-jk
my door says 4/09
Then I guess you are subject to the fine print --- and I loose the bet!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

i guess i should consider myself lucky

Quick Reply: YES Essentials in an X model...I have a tag...