Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

YES Essentials in an X model...I have a tag...

Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YES Essentials in an X model...I have a tag...

Okay I sorta came upon this in the Rubicon differences thread and someone posted a pic of their interior with YES Essentials fabric and it had a small "flag" tag on it next to the SRS side airbag tag.

When I bought my Jeep the YES Essentials fabric is something I wanted. Doesn't matter if it really works or not, but with a kid better safe than sorry. So anyway I received my Jeep (shipped in from another dealership) and I get in and it has the YES Essentials advert tag hanging around the headrest (see picture below). Awesome...got exactly what I wanted with this Jeep. Couldn't afford a Rubi, but I had an X with every single option I wanted.

One year later I am looking through this thread...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=86497&page=4
and I come to find that YES fabric has a tag on the fabric to indicate that it is YES fabric...but my seats don't have this tag.

I am pissed...as most people are with the dealership. I know my salesperson has been let go. What so of retro-fix can I get on this? I assume they are going to tell me it is the YES fabric even though it doesn't have the "flag" tag. I was searching, but couldn't find the post that shows how to get the sheet with a punch list of every single little option from Chrysler. Can someone link me please? I really searched...

So yeah...pissed the hell off!!! And I thought my mirror nipple pissed me off..

Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

The Rubicons I have seen have a fishnet looking layer on the seat inserts .. I guess this is the YES fabric. Sounds like a major scammer of a saleperson! Not sure what you can do unless you paid extra on your sales contract for the YES seats.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know what you mean about the fishnet and mine appear to have the same thing...just no tag. You can really feel the fishnet thing when you run your hand over the seat.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a close up of the fabrics from Jeep's website. Should be able to tell what you have from this:

http://www.jeep.com/en/2009/wrangler...erior/seating/

On a related note, it appears they no longer call it "Yes!" - just "stain repel"... so maybe that's why there is no tag?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Talking Yer screwed

Sounds like a standard salesman tactic...

That's why they call em stealerships... Unless you have something in writing about the yes essentials seats, you're unlikely to get any satisfaction. What does it say on your window sticker?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

To get a list of the options that came on your Jeep, you can go to the Chrysler website, and email them through the "Contact Us" section requesting your build sheet. You'll need to enter your VIN to get this info, and they should be able to email your build sheet in a day or two
Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Keep in mind the Stain Repel seats are standard in Rubicons and Sahara's. I supposed if the saleperson REALLY wanted the sale .. he could of had the service department just swap the seats out of a RUbi or Sahara and ripped somebody else off.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont think it is only on Rubicons, I have it on my Sahara
Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just e-mailed for a build sheet. I really wanna be the one to prove this no X model thing wrong. Unfortunately, I am never that lucky.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

If its a YES seat, there is a little tab sewn on the seat seam. Seat back, forward facing, close to the seat belt area.

Quick Reply: YES Essentials in an X model...I have a tag...