Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Yep, I regret it!!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had to choose, I would only get a soft-top. On my old 2 door, I sold the hard top, but on this new 4 door im keeping it. I have the dual top and the first thing I did was pull off the hard top. I now have a great way of putting it on in the winter by myself! Thanks to a storage lift...
Old 05-12-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lord Tzu
But now that summer is here I gotta find a solution.
SpiderWebShade <----The solution. Just put mine on and it's fantastic.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noxian
Thats true until your zippers start to wear out, or the windows get damaged or when the top starts to tear from being folded down.
thats all great and what not but I'm 3 years into my soft top... no issues at all. Not to mention windows are replaceable. And my soft top won't cost nearly as much as your hard top..
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey Johnny look what i did yesterday!

Put on the soft top!

Keep an eye on craigslist! there was a few tops on there these past few months. Check toledo and mansfield area too. Also watch the jeepskool buy sell trade as well as here and other forums. There are unwanted soft tops out there!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sell the stupid hard top. Its over priced and over rated. The only time you'd ever use it is in the dead of winter. Other than that there is no real difference in how warm you get while driving. It doesnt heat up sooner or anything. IF anything, it takes longer to clear off ice/snow. Due to the fact that when these are on the windows,you just hit them and their cleaned off!! Cant do that with glass.

So i say sell the hard top and buy a soft one and a bikini/duster/windbreaker combo. Or spend the extra on some other mods
Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

i believe any of the JK soft tops should fit. the one i got last year off ebay i think was off of an 09 and i had a 10 that i just traded for an 11 and the top fit on the 11.

just thought that might open up some more options for you.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark
Sell the stupid hard top. Its over priced and over rated. The only time you'd ever use it is in the dead of winter. Other than that there is no real difference in how warm you get while driving. It doesnt heat up sooner or anything. IF anything, it takes longer to clear off ice/snow. Due to the fact that when these are on the windows,you just hit them and their cleaned off!! Cant do that with glass.

So i say sell the hard top and buy a soft one and a bikini/duster/windbreaker combo. Or spend the extra on some other mods
I disagree with this. I had a soft top and sold it. Much happier with the hard top for my daily commute and/or no top (or Spiderweb) when its nice out. I can also take the hard top off in just about as long as it took me to get my soft top off.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I disagree with this. I had a soft top and sold it. Much happier with the hard top for my daily commute and/or no top (or Spiderweb) when its nice out. I can also take the hard top off in just about as long as it took me to get my soft top off.
but you can't take it with you..............
here we have 180s all the time! sunny and nice in the am to t-storms in the afternoon
Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Mentor about 100 yrds from the lake.

And I drove to work the other day. 41F in the morning. No top no doors. Only about 20 minutes highway. 71F coming home was a nice ride. I keep it tore down as much as possible which isn't much so far this year.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by speed2005
but you can't take it with you..............
here we have 180s all the time! sunny and nice in the am to t-storms in the afternoon
That's what the removable freedom panels are for.

Quick Reply: Yep, I regret it!!!!