Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For Xmas, I want my Jeep Back!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Xmas, I want my Jeep Back!

I had posted about an engine light and rough idle on my JK, so I took it to the dealer. The problem was diagnosed as a faulty EGR valve/Vacuum leak. The dealer told me they did not have the part and it would be sent UPS. Then it was being sent by truck and the truck were having problems wirth deliveries due to weather. Now the part is there and they have put it back together and the Jeep won't start. They say it is flashing different codes that they are not familiar with. The dealer said they would have to get a hold of Chrysler to find out what the problem is! I have been without a jeep for a week and a half. If it doesn't get fixed today It will be 2 weeks. Am I getting the run around or is there something major wrong with my Jeep?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Get a flat bed trailer or a roll back and take the JK to another Jeep dealer, obviously the guys working on it don't have your best interest as their priority or they lack the knowledge to repair it. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas.

Regards,
Richard
Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How rough is your idle? Mine's always had a slightly rough idle; almost unnoticeable. Rough enough for me to feel, but the rpm gauge doesn't move at all. Is this normal? Do other JK's do this? Erockhopper, was your rough idle similar to mine or was it much more noticeable?

Of course I could also do a search in the search engine... I'll check that out.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I'm thinking you might need to go to a different dealership. Sounds like you have a bunch of chuckle heads working on your Jeep. Good luck.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be worried. I'd put the pressure on them.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

My idle was rough, It was Harley Rough. I could feel it driving and when I was parkeed it was major. The RPM needle wasnt moving other than teh vibration. YOu could hear it from the tail pipe as well.

I finally gto the Jeep 3:30 PM Xmas Eve, with a few extra gifts. I had asked them do change the oil while it was there, you would think a free oil change for the troubles would not have been out of the question, but NO. I did not get so much as an apology. On top of that I have several greasy hand prints all over my seats! It is amazing to me how they treat their customers. I would be fired not to mention not have any customers if I treated my cutomerst the same way. And they want us (the Tax payer ie: their cutomers) to BAIL THEM OUT!!!!

Quick Reply: For Xmas, I want my Jeep Back!