Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

X vs. Sahara

Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first two months I had my X, I babied it. I was scared to do anything that would damage that pristine look. It's the first vehicle I handwashed in years because it's the first vehicle I actually cared about as far as looks go.

When I purchased it, I knew that this would be a daily dirver and a weekend warrior. After those first two months, I finally came out of my new car coma. Sure, I still baby it a bit (I freak out whenever my girlfriend slams the seatbelt buckle in the door but never said a word when it happened on the TJ), but rest assured, it's going to get the crap beaten out of it. Painted flares and "crap beaten out of" don't mix.

Faded flares? Hell, by the time they fade that will be the least of the cosmetic imperfections I'm planning on. It's what I call character. I had to buy a new top for my TJ and bitched for a while until the new windows were scuffed up enough that they didn't look new. CHARACTER!!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM
JK Freak

i got the X Unlimited, with the Dana 44 rear, 4.10 gears, cloth seats CD player with the Sub woofer, and a few other goodies for $23,700. I added the wheels and tires and all the other junk in my signature, but i got the thing off the lot cheap for sticker which is cheap imo.

Keep in mind, if you plan on much off roading, the painted fenders are going to be in trouble. My plastic ones would already look like crud if they were painted.

To me, all the fluff is not worth the extra cash. Put that money into a lift or wheels and tires or something.

Also, the Jeep boys tell me that the Sahara is designed for the women drivers, no offense to the guys who drive a chick's (albeit a cool chick's) Jeep.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Mmmmm Fluff
Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
i got the X Unlimited, with the Dana 44 rear, 4.10 gears, cloth seats CD player with the Sub woofer, and a few other goodies for $23,700. I added the wheels and tires and all the other junk in my signature, but i got the thing off the lot cheap for sticker which is cheap imo.

Keep in mind, if you plan on much off roading, the painted fenders are going to be in trouble. My plastic ones would already look like crud if they were painted.

To me, all the fluff is not worth the extra cash. Put that money into a lift or wheels and tires or something.

Also, the Jeep boys tell me that the Sahara is designed for the women drivers, no offense to the guys who drive a chick's (albeit a cool chick's) Jeep.

Really?

*checks shorts* nope, i'm a guy.

I have a buddy with a Rubi TJ, i pulled him out of a mudpit (that i had just gone through) with my "girlie" Sahara and stock goodyear road tires. He still wont live that down.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Did he say Sahara? He meant Silver.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
...Also, the Jeep boys tell me that the Sahara is designed for the women drivers, no offense to the guys who drive a chick's (albeit a cool chick's) Jeep.
Who exactly are the "Jeep boys?" Not those guys who SELL the Jeeps I hope. I would think that the Sahara is the LUXURY model.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Eternal ***erator

Well, i went out and checked...

there is a pad dispenser on the dash and flowered curtains in the rear window with a lavender scent bag under the seat...

crap. it is a girlie Jeep, i hate lavender.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
Who exactly are the "Jeep boys?" Not those guys who SELL the Jeeps I hope. I would think that the Sahara is the LUXURY model.
I don't agree that the Sahara is a girly Jeep, but how is it a luxury model?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by Dubya
I don't agree that the Sahara is a girly Jeep, but how is it a luxury model?

got me, to me the Rubicon is the luxury model.

e-discos...
better tires so i dont have to shovel as much...
hood stickers i dont have...
better case options and axles...
all the prestige...

the height of luxury in my book.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
got me, to me the Rubicon is the luxury model.

e-discos...
better tires so i dont have to shovel as much...
hood stickers i dont have...
better case options and axles...
all the prestige...

the height of luxury in my book.
Having luxury and any type of Jeep Wrangler in the same sentence seems a little silly doesnt it. I thought luxury was resigned to Hummer's and Escalade's.

Also find it interesting that all I have to do is put painted fender flares on and then I can call it girly. Kind of scary because I'm seeing a lot of men driving around in them girly Jeep's lately.

Quick Reply: X vs. Sahara