Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

X vs. Sahara

Old 07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default X vs. Sahara

Forgive me if this was a thread already posted (but when I tried to search, every post came up) but what are the major differences between the X and Sahara?

I've come up with these:

Sahara has:

Insulated hood (is it really quieter on the Sahara?)
Premium gauges (what's the difference?)
YES fabric (what's the difference?)
Suspension (at least the shocks)

X has:
Mini console?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Forgive me if this was a thread already posted (but when I tried to search, every post came up) but what are the major differences between the X and Sahara?

I've come up with these:

Sahara has:

X has:
Mini console?

Insulated hood- not much quieter
Premium gauges- Distance till empty, MPG, hourmeter, compass
YES Fabric- stain resistant
Sahara also has painted fenders
Sahara has power group standard
Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

There aren't any "mechanical" differences I can think of. Only cosmetic. The yes fabric is supposed to me more resistant to stains and water. The sahara fenders are painted to match the body, some like this look and others don't. The suspension is the same, on the rubicon has different shocks unless they changed it for 08. They all have the same console. I believe the gauges are the same only the sahara gauge bezels are silver plastic instead of black plastic.

Really it comes down to whether you want painted fenders and yes fabric.

Bryan
Old 07-12-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

insulated hood ?
has anyone in the history of jeeps ever complained that the engine was too loud ? Seems like an electric car might the way to go if this is a concern.
not to jack the thread but how does jeep decide what to put in each model?
When i think sahara i think of a vehicle that should be trimmed to facilitate driving in a sandy enviroment (i.e. tinted windows, wider tires, badass a/c ,onboard air ) I think i just might be looking at this all wrong its late and i'm drunk posting.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

get the Sahara. Its really not that much more than the X price wise and it comes with bigger wheels, Way better tires (at least the 18s) and what really got me was power everything is standard.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would love to, but my budget is really tight.... 23,000 is really pushing it, and I may be able to get an X for that, but not a 2dr sahara.... with 4.10, tow kit, 6 disc upgrade... and maybe even the side curtains (are these a waste?)
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayland1985

I've come up with these:

Sahara has:

X has:
Mini console?
When my buddy (nowaynolan) bought the sahara he also got the tow package with heavy duty suspension. I got the X. We were comparing suspension and they are the exact same down to the part numbers. Springs and shocks.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 PM
JK Freak

if you get an X with the 23s, the major differences that you can't upgrade the X to having are painted fender flares and YES seats. not worth the premium, imo, if you're watching your budget.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

I just bought an X and I am really happy with it. I like the contrasting colors between the vehicle color and the fenders...looks cool. The other stuff is total fluff to me. Get the basic plain jane x and make it your own cool ride. Where are you by the way. 23, 000 seems a little high for an X
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pacer89
get the Sahara. Its really not that much more than the X price wise and it comes with bigger wheels, Way better tires (at least the 18s) and what really got me was power everything is standard.
power group is not standard on the Sahara. I think that is a mistake on the website. When shopping for mine I test drove several without it.

Quick Reply: X vs. Sahara