Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????

Old 01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Youri
Wyckoffparts, do you want me to get you in touch with a programmer who can make it so your order page updates with a new price when you run out of 'closeout' stock? Like every other online company in the world has?
You obviously haven't been online much. I think companies that have real-time inventory and/or pricing online are in a vast minority compared to those who don't....just sayin.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wyckoffparts
Agreed. And we just expanded our website to cover Ford, GM, Toyota, Subaru and many others. So our active part number list is actually in the 10s of millions if not billions. If you can hook me up with someone that can link my inventory along with the hundreds of parts depots located around the world and put it all into one inventory system an still allow me to sell at a discounted rate? Sure, I'll go for it. I will reiterate my point. Selling OEM parts and accessories is different than any other online retailer. We sell the 30 cent clips that hold on a bumper fascia for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler as well as the 4 dollar chrome bolts that hold on the chrome bumper on a 57 Chevy. Obviously, anything is possible, but at what cost? If you guys want cheap parts and accessories, this is what you have to deal with.
Wyckoff,
I am gonna jump off a cliff here and say the conversation has been turned. When the OP placed his intial order for the discounted rate it was known that price was "while supplies last", when confirming the order he was told that item was sold out at that price but could be had for the regular price. To me that would indicate you have that item in stock, therefore should honor the discounted price unless 1. there is a different part number (updated, changed, etc and you were moving old stock) or 2. you had run out for a period of time and since restocked.
If the answer is 1, then I have no further comments. If the answer is 2, then you should honor the price offered. I know you offer hundreds of thousands of parts, but I doubt you are having 50+% off specials on that many. Offering such great prices can be rewarding in pushing product out of your warehouse, and making up for mark-up with volume can work, but the offer the OP recieved (assuming he is being honest) is commensurate with the old bait and switch or false advertising, take your pic.

Once again the OP was told you were "out of stock" on the sale items but he could pay regular price for the same item that was "in stock". Was there a different part number or does your internet sales manager need a fair marketing practices lesson?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Wyckoff,
I am gonna jump off a cliff here and say the conversation has been turned. When the OP placed his intial order for the discounted rate it was known that price was "while supplies last", when confirming the order he was told that item was sold out at that price but could be had for the regular price. To me that would indicate you have that item in stock, therefore should honor the discounted price unless 1. there is a different part number (updated, changed, etc and you were moving old stock) or 2. you had run out for a period of time and since restocked.
If the answer is 1, then I have no further comments. If the answer is 2, then you should honor the price offered. I know you offer hundreds of thousands of parts, but I doubt you are having 50+% off specials on that many. Offering such great prices can be rewarding in pushing product out of your warehouse, and making up for mark-up with volume can work, but the offer the OP recieved (assuming he is being honest) is commensurate with the old bait and switch or false advertising, take your pic.

Once again the OP was told you were "out of stock" on the sale items but he could pay regular price for the same item that was "in stock". Was there a different part number or does your internet sales manager need a fair marketing practices lesson?
did you ever think they purchased 100 heater for $100.00 each (making up numbers) and the additional in inventory they payed more for?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm always looking for new stores to browse and order from. I can understand that your sale may be limited to a certain quantity, but I really don't understand your attitude on this thread. There are a lot of members and potential customers on here and I think you would have come across much better to apologize for the misunderstanding and gone from there. I'm not saying you should honor the sale price, but I don't appreciate your attitude that you don't care if you lose customers.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
did you ever think they purchased 100 heater for $100.00 each (making up numbers) and the additional in inventory they payed more for?
Actually yes i did, I was giving them the bennifit of the doubt assuming they would have posted "limited quatities at this price" or something like that, I believe that is actually law in some places.

If you read my entire post I also gave them credit that maybe they were moving an old part number or something, I can completley understand that as well. I also know it is late in the night there and we wont be hearing from them tonight and am willing to wait for there reply.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They didn't advertise the price here. It was linked from here by a member. A few jumped in and went to the site to purchase, I went too and the price had already changed back.

As for the back and forth on the comments, I don't think there's reason for it on either end. However, I would be pissed too if instead of selling parts, I was dealing with this on parts that I specifically stated were not going to last at the sale price.

I sincerely hope we don't miss out on any other awesome deals due to this crap.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP'sgot his answer.....Thread Closed

Quick Reply: Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????