Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????

Old 01-10-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, they did the same thing to me... i also ordered the seat kit for 130 and then said they were out of them at that price but if i wanted it i could pay 250 or something like that .... seems alittle shady to me .. seemed like a good deal at the time... guess not , i dont think i would buy anything from them again.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand prices change and they can't possibily keep track of all their inventory. From here on out they can charge the $259.42, but they need to honor your order for $131. That's what good customer service would do. I would be pissed to.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Wonder if anyone who ordered at the $131 price got it for that, or if everyone got a "Sorry. we sold out @ that price" email. Pretty crappy way to do things if you ask me. Either limit your inventory and have the website say sold out, not taking anymore orders until you change the price back, or honor those who got in on the deal before you changed your price.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mr friends this is just one of the drawbacks of buying online.

I too have been overseas and ordering a lot of parts online from various companies. I've almost heard it all the last couple months and the only thing you can do is move on and keep an eye on for the next deal.

Wycoff has been a big participating vendor in many of the forums and boards. They have gone above and beyond hundreds of customer's expectations though the years offering many amazing deals such as this and I trust this is just a small glitch in their tracking of the special. I too went online to purchase them just after I saw this post and unfortunatly the price was back to where it had been.

Please don't let this put a bad taste in your mouth on this issue. It happens. Companies try, but nobody is perfect. Good thing is they did what they could and had an awsome deal for those that jumped on it. If people keep complaining they could just make sure this situation doesnt happen again, or maybe next time the price won't be so hot that they're flying off the shelves.

Yes, it sucks, but it doesnt happen often.

TonyT.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by captjay
this is a statement from the website:

"PRICING ON THIS WEB SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF THE PRICING ON THE ITEM YOU ORDERED HAS CHANGED. YOU WILL THEN BE GIVEN THE OPTION TO CANCEL THE ORDER. MANUFACTURERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE PRICING WITHOUT NOTICE. WE DO OUR BEST TO KEEP THE PRICING UP TO DATE. BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PART NUMBERS AND IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO KEEP THEM ALL UP TO DATE."

i have NEVER seen a company that can and will change pricing after you make the purchase. what kind of BS is this. the will never see my business. thanks for the post
If they hae time to email you, they have got to have the time to delete the "Special"
Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Glad I read this, I am in need of some oem parts and was gonna call them, guess I am gonna take my buisness elsewhere now.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyT
Mr friends this is just one of the drawbacks of buying online.

I too have been overseas and ordering a lot of parts online from various companies. I've almost heard it all the last couple months and the only thing you can do is move on and keep an eye on for the next deal.

Wycoff has been a big participating vendor in many of the forums and boards. They have gone above and beyond hundreds of customer's expectations though the years offering many amazing deals such as this and I trust this is just a small glitch in their tracking of the special. I too went online to purchase them just after I saw this post and unfortunatly the price was back to where it had been.

Please don't let this put a bad taste in your mouth on this issue. It happens. Companies try, but nobody is perfect. Good thing is they did what they could and had an awsome deal for those that jumped on it. If people keep complaining they could just make sure this situation doesnt happen again, or maybe next time the price won't be so hot that they're flying off the shelves.

Yes, it sucks, but it doesnt happen often.

TonyT.
I don't know where you have seen this company before, but I looked up their profile here and they have only made 1 post.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Glad I read this, I am in need of some oem parts and was gonna call them, guess I am gonna take my buisness elsewhere now.
I usually order from justforjeeps.com for OEM parts. If they don't have it on their website they can add it for you or find it for you. I priced their stuff against Wyckoff and they were the same price on most stuff. In case you have never seen that website before.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

i just feel like they should have gone ahead and honored their "sale" price for the people that ordered while it was listed for 131 on their sight.. its not like they ran out of them , they just are selling the same product for more money now.. even though it was listed on their websight for 131. i just think thats not a very good business practice .
Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

O.K. so surprisingly he wrote me back. After my message to him I didn't really expect that. Here's what he wrote:

That is the way a closeout sale works. When all the stock is depleted, the sale is over. That is why the page shows “Sale price listed valid while in stock supplies last.” Do you really want me to sell you a set for that price and lose a hundred dollars? We did not treat you bad. The sale terms were specifically stated on the page. Sorry.

Jeff Poole - Manager
Wyckoff Auto Parts & Accessories
15 Murray Road
Montvale NJ 07645
201-891-4459
800-992-2454
201-891-6265(fax)

Why yes I did expect him to sell me it for the price that was listed. I didn't know that was to much to ask for. So it was alright that he was selling "All the other kits and losing a 100 dollars" but when it came to the one he was selling me, it was ridiculous to lose that 100 dollars!!

Quick Reply: Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????