Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????

Old 01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????

Let me just start off by saying the only reason on am writing this is to B*$#h a little. I bought the seat heater kit from this company last night ( Well last night Iraq time ) for the online sale price of $131. I woke up this morning and checked my e-mails and had one from Wyckoff. I though it would be a order confirmation or shipping notice but this is what it said:

(TO : Kenneth RE : Wyckoff Parts and Accessories - Order #-39856 The item you ordered is sold out at the closeout price. The item can still be ordered but at normal pricing($259.42). Let me know if you would like to proceed with this order. I apologize for the inconvenience. Jeff Poole - Manager Wyckoff Auto Parts & Accessories)

Why would I still need it? Why would I need a seat heater kit for a JK in Iraq? BECAUSE THE DEAL WAS SO GOOD. I am always telling my girlfriend that customer service isn't what it use to be. It use to be if they told you a price then they sold it to you for that price. So now I try to stick with good customer service companies that I find. I have spent $15,000 on my JK so far and I added up everything I still want to do and it's another $19,000 so I would say they lost a good customer. O.K. b^&%hing done. Thanks for listening to me.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn dude, thats pretty jacked up. i hope you cancelled the order. i would not do business with them again just for that. that email makes absolutley no sense to me. sold out at sale price but they still have it in stock for reg price???? im not a genious but huh???

what u wanna bet they didnt run out, they changed their mind and wanted to see if you be a big enough moron to still buy it at the reg price.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Sounds like one of those new car ads they use just it to suck you in. Read the fine print and - Only '1' available at this price. And by the way, it was already sold...

They are a sponsor here, so maybe they'll read this thread and update their pricing.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

this is a statement from the website:

"PRICING ON THIS WEB SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF THE PRICING ON THE ITEM YOU ORDERED HAS CHANGED. YOU WILL THEN BE GIVEN THE OPTION TO CANCEL THE ORDER. MANUFACTURERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE PRICING WITHOUT NOTICE. WE DO OUR BEST TO KEEP THE PRICING UP TO DATE. BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PART NUMBERS AND IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO KEEP THEM ALL UP TO DATE."

i have NEVER seen a company that can and will change pricing after you make the purchase. what kind of BS is this. the will never see my business. thanks for the post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Sounds like one of those new car ads they use just it to suck you in. Read the fine print and - Only '1' available at this price. And by the way, it was already sold...

They are a sponsor here, so maybe they'll read this thread and update their pricing.
hahahahaha, they are a sponsor, whooops. ohwell im not deleting my previous post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

I'm not sure how legality of bait and switch works overseas, and I understand the disclaimer...but I still dont think it's good customer service. Maybe they could do yours how they advertised and then fix the site.

Umm, also...doesn't "closeout" mean sell until there are no more?

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 01-09-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like they have already updated the price on the website, so at least they are making an effort. However I don't think I would have been very pleased with getting an email like that either.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

That's cool that they've fixed it.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captjay
damn dude, thats pretty jacked up. i hope you cancelled the order. i would not do business with them again just for that. that email makes absolutley no sense to me. sold out at sale price but they still have it in stock for reg price???? im not a genious but huh???

what u wanna bet they didnt run out, they changed their mind and wanted to see if you be a big enough moron to still buy it at the reg price.
Yeah I cancelled, I told them I didn't want it and I will take my business somewhere else that has better customer service or at least sell me stuff for the price they listed it for.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captjay
hahahahaha, they are a sponsor, whooops. ohwell im not deleting my previous post
Yeah after I wrote this thread I didn't actually think it was going to make it that long since they are a sponsor here but I was mad and wanted to vent. They did what they did and I called it like I saw it so I guess really no one can get mad about that.

Quick Reply: Wyckoff Parts and Accessories?????